Monday, December 28, 2009

Cupcake Cutie!

I recently got my stamps from Skipping Stones Design, and I have been in stamp heaven! I am IN LOVE with these stamps! I stamped up a storm on Saturday (while visiting the grandparents and aunts and uncles in Idaho!), and wanted to share some cards made with my new favorite stamp set!

If I have to pick a favorite, it would have to be Cupcake Cutie! There are soooo many cute sets and they all make me laugh, but I love, love, love this one! The font, the details, and the "yumminess" of the cupcakes make it a great stamp set! Seriously, the pictures don't do this set justice!

First, the font is just amazing! It's swirled with fun and makes me smile! The sentiments are also so cute and are so versatile! There's thick frosting and yummy sprinkles, and the swirl at the top of the frosting is so cute! What an amazing detail to add, right?! I totally didn't even notice it at first until I stamped it. I was so excited and surprised when I made that happy little discovery! It makes me want to whip up a batch of thick and creamy cupcakes with lots of sprinkles! Ok, ok, I wouldn't be doing the baking (haha), but you know what I mean! ;)

So, if you are trying to decide which sets to get, I highly recommend this cute one! There is FREE SHIPPING on orders $30 or more right now, so this would be a great time to pick it up! If you're still uncertain about what to get, I have three cards that show off all the different ways you can use this set!

First, I wanted to add some glitter to that super yummy frosting! Isn't it the perfect base for glitter?! Oh ya I totally wanted to eat it right off the card, haha! I stamped the base of the cupcake in Regal Rose, and then the frosting in So Saffron. Then I went back over and stamped the frosting in Versamark so I could emboss with Iridescent Ice. Because these are clear stamps you can line up the frosting and base, and even re-stamp your images like I did with the Versamark! See that cute sentiment?! It is so Sweet! Hehe, I love this little saying and I can see myself using it on sooo many cards! A little bit of ribbon, a border, and a button tie this card off! Its super simple, but really makes the focus all about those yummy looking cupcakes!


Next, is a card that focuses on the two step stampin of this set. You can see a video of this fun technique here on the SSD Blog. I was so inspired by the purples in the video that I had to duplicate it! You can stamp off like in the video, or use two colors that are a shade apart from each other. I used Pale Plum and Perfect Plum to acheive my two step stamped look. See the little frosting dollop at the top? That's the detail in this set I'm talking about! I thought the Congratulations sentiment was so fun and could be used for so many occassions. Just a couple little buttons and hemp, and this card is ready to spread a little love to someone!


Lastly is a card that uses the sprinkles in the set. I love the funky colors in this card, and they happen to be one of my cousins favorite colors! ;) My cousins asked if I could make a birthday card for my youngest cousin while we were all in Idaho. I would have never combined these together, but they told me her favorite colors are purple and lime green. So I used two purples and celery, and I'm loving this funky color combo with the sprinkles! Again, the sentiments make me smile, and I love having a fun saying to add to the inside of my card! I also found the best way (for me anyways!) to add the sprinkles was to stamp at the top, then directly below that one at the bottom. Then, angle the sprinkle stamp to stamp each of the sides, and you have a perfectly sprinkled cupcake! Super simple to do, and an ingenious design to make it work together! I loved playing with the polka dot base so much that I went with the Swiss Dots embossing folder to add more dots into the card, and a scallop border to ground the design. The silk flower is from ZVA creative and was the perfect purple match to go with the funky card. I love how the ribbon looks like the petals!

Here's the inside of the card with the cute sentiment! This could work for birthdays, encouragement, or even friend cards! Who wouldn't want to get a card telling them how sweet they are? I know I would, haha!


So are you sold on Cupcake Cutie yet?! Hehe, I love this set so much, (how many times have I said that, haha!) and I think it would be a great addition to anyone's stamp collection! I can't wait to "whip up another batch" of these cupcakes! So much more gratifying to me, and certainly not adding on any extra pounds that I'm trying so hard to get rid of! ;)

Still not sold?! To make this deal even SWEETER, check out my fellow DT member Erin's blog! She is GIVING AWAY a Cupcake Cutie set! Sweet deal! She even extended the deadline, so you have until January 4th to create a card with an SSD sketch (SSD stamps not required but we'd love to see them if you have them!) and link it up at her blog. Check out the link for the full rules, but its super simple and I'm sure will be TONS of fun! If you need even more reason to get this set, take a look at Erin's posts here, here, and here! She's done some amazing things with these cupcakes!

If you get this set, I'd love to see what you do with it! :)

**Oh also, Kim Teasdale who has been the Guest Sketch Artist this month, has a GIVEAWAY as well! Simply leave her a comment to be entered to win Margarita Birthday! Hurry though, she will be posting the winner tomorrow the 29th!

Supplies

Sweet!
CS: Kraft, So Saffron
Ink: Regal Rose, So Saffron, Versamark
Stamp: Cupcake Cutie - Skipping Stones Design
Misc: Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon, button, hemp, Iridescent Ice ep, Martha Stewart Cornice border punch

Congratulations
CS: Chocolate Chip, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum
Stamp: Cupcake Cutie - Skipping Stones Design
Misc: Scallop border punch, buttons, hemp, Stitched Chocolate Chip ribbon

I wish...
CS: Lavendar Lace, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White, Certainly Celery
Ink: Lavendar Lace, Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Celery
Stamp: Cupcake Cutie - Skipping Stones Design
Misc: Scallop border punch, ZVA silk flower, Bold Brights button, dmc floss, Celery twill ribbon, CB Swiss Dots embossing folder

3 comments:

62 Cards - Sammye Jo said...

You know I'll enter! I had never heard of them until you :) So now I am shopping and looking! Thanks girl!!

skippingstonesdesign said...

I LOVE these Cards!!!!! We will be officially intorducing you next Tuesday with the blog hop.

mE said...

Heya Kandi!

LOVE all of your cards!! You are amazing! I'm excited to get to "play" with you on the DT!

Thank you so much for the shout out to my blog! I appreciate it!

~ Inky Smiles!
Erin