Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Crafty Goodies!

So my family really knows me so well! My hunky husband got me a Big Shot (Express!) (and some SU dies) for Christmas, and my Mom and Dad got me the Gypsy! Did I score or what?! I'm so excited to finally get to use both of these! We were out of town over the weekend and the last two nights I've been trying to get unpacked and all the toys from Christmas organized, as well as cleaning up the Christmas stuff! (Does that sound like all of you too?!) So, needless to say I'm DYING to use these!


So last night I read the destructions. (instructions, family joke) And ok, ok, only part of the instructions really. I was too in a hurry to just cut something! I did all the Gypsy updates too, so I was finally ready to go! The manual was online and my husband was so proud of me that I actually read it (or half of it anyways). I never read the manuals...I just figure it out as I go because I'm stubborn like that! I also won't ever ask for directions, or ask a worker where something is at in the store...such a stubborn Capricorn am I! Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't, HA! But with this I had to read the manual (or part of it)! ;) (Still working on my camera manual by the way, and by working on it, I mean its sitting out for me to read it...baby steps people).


After I finally got everything together and ready to go, I wondered if my parents realized they bought a super high tech gadget for a blond, ditzy girl! (Mom I know you are reading this and laughing your butt off but its true!) Jake always tells me I'm the smartest dumb girl he knows! ;) I definitely think I'm too dumb to use this thing! HA! Anyway, I was super impressed with just the few things I did with it! I also love the two cartridges that come with it and was acting like a spaz showing Jake all the cool stuff and my brilliance (or lack thereof) about this awesome gadget. There are seriously so many cool features like the multipass (oh haha, Fifth Element reference I am laughing now, anyone else with me on this one, please say yes!) cutting feature that will cut the same cut path multiple times for thicker materials, and the add and return to design features. Wow, I may actually have to read the whole manual now! ;)


Anyway, blathering aside, I'll have a card to share next Friday for certain challenge blog that uses one of the cartridges the Gypsy comes with (and a Big Shot cut as well!). ;) But, I thought I better share something with all the yakity yak going on, so here is my first use of my Big Shot! Holy crap I love this thing already!

I cut the butterflies out with the SU Beautiful Butterflies die and then stamped (and embossed on the second card) a swirl from the Priceless set. The sentiments are both from Cupcake Cutie from Skipping Stones Design. Notice the patterned paper? Its some leftover I had from the project I did for my Guest Designer spot at Die Cuts R Us. You can see my tutorial on January 2nd! This is from the Blue Skies collection, and you can find them here and here!




Supplies

Sweet Butterflies
CS: Kraft, DSP: American Crafts Blue Skies
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Stamp: Priceless (SU), Cupcake Cutie from Skipping Stones Design
Misc: buttons, dmc floss, faux stitching, Beautiful Butterflies Big Shot die

Congratulations Butterflies
CS: Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, DSP: American Crafts Blue Skies
Ink: Versamark, Chocolate Chip
Stamp: Priceless (SU), Cupcake Cutie from Skipping Stones Design
Misc: Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon, linen thread, corduroy button, clear ep, Beautiful Butterflies Big Shot die, MS Cornice border punch

1 comment:

Barb's Boys said...

Ooooh, felt cutouts - I'm jealous! Very cute!