Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Chic Martini!

Here's another fun set from Skipping Stones Design! As soon as I saw this one I knew I needed it! It wasn't a matter of wanting, it really was a NEED, haha! ;) This is another set with fantastic details, fun fonts, and realistic looking images! I have so many more plans for this set, I'm sure it will stay on my desk. I think I'll be constantly reaching for it for awhile!

At first glance, you might think Chic Martini is just a set to make New Years or Girls Night Out invites, but there is so much more to this set! Take a look at the cards below and tell me what you think! Can you see yourself taking this set to another level?!

First, I have a card that I'd envisioned before I even got the stamp set! The idea came to me at work one day so I quickly sketched it out, and it was the first card I made with this set. How many of you struggle over a card to give your spouse at Valentine's Day?! You don't want it too girly, fussy, or over the top, but you want to give him a card that shows your love for him, (and for stamping!), right?! ;) HA! I know I do anyways! Here's a card I think would be perfect for most guys out there! It has some ribbon and bling on it, but it speaks man to me! From the dark colors and martini glass, to the cool glossy accents, it's a man card.



To create my background, I used the spiral and star burst (ok ok asterisk, but star burst sounds cooler!) in this set stamped in Versamark, and then embossed with Clear embossing powder. It adds just the right combination of pop without being too dramatic. For the martini glass, I stamped in black, and then colored in the olive with a Copic marker, and added some red gemstones. Then I used crystal effects for a glossy sheen! After stamping the sentiment on the patterned paper, I positioned and stamped the olive, and then added some more bling.


Here's a close up of the martini glass, isn't is too fun?! Do you think the men in your life might get a kick out of this kind of card? I know mine did! :)








Next up is a fun and flirty card that I would totally give to one of my besties! I say it all the time, but I seriously have the best friends a girl could have! :) (I am so truly lucky, but I'll quit blathering!) Anyway, wouldn't this be a super cheery card to brighten up someone's day?! I paired the sentiment from Cupcake Cutie with this little strawberry daquiri, and I know I'm going to be saying "Oh La La" all the time now! That font with the girly drink just makes me giggle, how about you? This could really be an all occasion card because the images aren't for a specific holiday or reason.





Isn't that little umbrella super cute?! Yummmm I'm wanting one these, ha! Can it be summer already? This snow is killing me when I'm envisioning sipping one of these babies by the beach! Ahhh a girl can dream! ;) What I loved about this glass when creating my card was how that button fit perfectly into the side when I was adding it and the ribbon to my cardstock. Its like the button and the glass were made for each other!





Did you notice I used the same ribbon for each project? Isn't it amazing to see how just a few different colors and a different approach can totally change each one?


Here's one other card with the set! Its a New Years card, but its not traditional by any means! I went wild and pulled some funky colors together! Don't be afraid to mix things up every now and then! You might be surprised at what works together when you step a little bit out of the box! I used a bright pink, olive, and baby blue to make this (dare I say?) retro looking card! I colored in the olives with my Copic marker like I did above, but used a lighter green, and then pink gemstones! I took a light blue and outlined the glass and used the Colorless Blender to soften the edges. Then I used a two way glue pen and piled on the glitter! Who wouldn't want a sparkly, glittery drink? ;)



Here's a close up of the glass full of glitter!




Make sure to come back next Tuesday as the new "Stamp Tramp" Design Team will be in full gear with a blog hop and the weekly SSD Sketch! I will DEFINITELY have some blog candy (aka a stamp set from SSD!) so you don't want to miss it! I love this set and wish I could keep it, haha! I'll keep it a surprise until next week though!


Take a look at what the other Stamp Tramps came up with for the last sketch in December at the SSD Blog today! I'm so excited to work with these super talented ladies, and to play with the sketches starting next week!


Supplies

Olive My Love
CS: Basic Black, Whisper White, Real Red - Prints Pack II DSP
Ink: Basic Black
Stamp: Chic Martini - Skipping Stones Design
Misc: crystal effects, gemstones, polka dot grosgrain ribbon, clear ep, Copic G17

Oh La La
CS: So Saffron, Real Red, Whisper White, Prints Pack II DSP
Ink: Regal Rose, Real Red, So Saffron
Stamp: Chic Martini, Cupcake Cutie (sentiment) - Skipping Stones Design
Misc: polka dot grosgrain ribbon, regal rose grosgrain ribbon, scallop border, dmc floss, buttons

Happy New Year
CS: Pink Passion, Bashful Blue, Whisper White, SU Picnic DSP
Ink: Basic Black
Stamp: Chic Martini - Skipping Stones Design
Misc: Cricut George (for tag), Martha Stewart Cornice border punch, gemstones, dazzling diamonds, Copic YG03, B00 and Colorless Blender, Earth Elements button, silver cord, olive and black ribbons

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TOO CUTE!!!!These are so FUN!!!!!Great Job!!!