Tuesday, November 3, 2009

TP Anyone??

I have been giggling like a little school girl in my craft room tonight! The reason why?


The Everything but the Kitchen Sink Challenge! This challenge I just found is all about using everyday items you already have in your home. So when I saw the challenge was to use Toilet Paper I knew I had to give this a try!

I recently read an article about making toilet paper look like Faux Corduroy. Well, the tp it recommends is the stuff I buy! :) How perfect is that?! Its the Kleenex Cottonelle brand - the BEST tp on Earth (I swear to ya!) and the tp that I was raised on! So of course its the only stuff I buy now haha!


The article was in the Stamp and Scrap Arts December issue and was written by Gina K. from Gina K. Designs. Such a great idea and was perfect for this challenge.

Using a brayer, color the toilet paper and adhere to your cardstock. Because its tp and pretty fragile, I used double sided tape and that worked really well. You could also try spray adhesive. I don't have a guillotine cutter or a rotary cutter so I couldn't get perfect, clean, straight edges. Instead I carefully tore around the edges. The little puppy was stamped on the SU Wood Sheets (still loving these things!) and colored in with colored pencils and blender pens. The card was different in my mind, but its a new technique that I plan on playing with a little more!

Also, I was so busy last week that I couldn't play along with the SPCC challenge. I was glad I found the time tonight for SPCC #22! :D The colors were inspired by this fun color combo!




And, here's the card!




I promise that's Sage Shadow and Creamy Caramel on the toilet paper! They came out really dark after brayering and in the picture. I also substitued Really Rust for the Durango color.

Supplies
CS: Chocolate Chip, Really Rust
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Sage Shadow
Stamp: For Father
Misc: toilet paper, scallop border punch, buttons, linen thread, chocolate chip grosgrain, SU Wood sheets, colored pencils, blender pen

19 comments:

Karen B. said...

Wow, your design is great! I can't believe that is toilet paper, it looks exactly like corduroy.

Picture Perfect Creations said...

LOVE the corduroy look! Can't wait to try it! :)

Emily said...

This card is so so great! Love it.

Emily-SP Diva

Pren said...

holy cow! i cant believe thats TP. hahaha. this challenge is awesome. looks great!

Karin said...

Cute and unique!

Stephanie *SP Diva* said...

Wow! What a cool idea! I love this challenge and you did a wonderful job with it and using the SPCC colors! Thanks for joining us this week!

Sandra Farrell said...

Wow, the texture on the TP reminds me of cordurouy. Great Job. If you haven't already signed up, please check out my blog candy. stamperontheshore.blogspot.com

Lynnette said...

This is amazing. Great job, and effect. I'm stunned at all the possibilities with TP

Courtney Baker said...

great job and I feel the same way about that TP! It's the only kind I buy!

Melisa said...

Wonderful card! The toilet paper looks so much like courderoy.

Melisa-SP Diva

Winter said...

So pretty! That is a great technique! Thanks for playing along with us in the challenge! :)

Danielle said...

Another great use for TP!! I make TP roll albums, and use TP to make negative image stamps. FUN@@
So glad you joined us this week at SPCCC!!

Ann said...

What a fab card! I LOVE the corduroy look! Thanks for playing along with us Kitchen Sink girls! :D

Kristina said...

Great card - who would have thought TP could be so versatile. Thanks for joining us at SPCC this week.

Susan said...

What a cute card and a funny idea! Thank you for using SPCC colors.

~kelly marie~ said...

Gorgeous card!! I love that we made you giggle too! That corduroy effect is so cool and perfect for fall!

Thank you so much for playing along with Everything but the Kitchen Sink and SPCC!

Christina Smith said...

Awwww!!!!!!!

Heidi said...

are you kidding me??!! this is amazing! kelly marie's tp challenge was the best!

Heidi, SP Diva

Kelley Eubanks said...

Wow... this is great!! Thanks for playing!! What a great way to use some TP!!