Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Slew of Challenges!

I used to always feel like a cheater when I'd combine challenges for a card, but lately have realized its a smart idea! For one, it gets my mind really churning out ideas, and two, it maximizes my time! Instead of making three cards for three different challenges, I love being able to put all those things together on one card!

Here is my card for the Everything but the Kitchen Sink sketch challenge, the SPCC #24 color challenge (real red, certainly celery, bashful blue), and the DCRU girly challenge!


Its not the pinky/blingy girly card I thought I'd be making, but its still girly to me! The die cut flower, the flower dsp, and the little rub on make me think this would be a great card for a girly friend! ;) This was so fun to make, I think I might do another with this sketch, and I can see some cute holiday cards with these colors!

(Oh also, I forgot to mention this last night!) I kept adding brads and then finally stopped, but now I look at it and wish I had added a few more to even it out on the edges, haha! I can see a few spots that I want to add a couple more, but geesh, there are already a ton on there! Is there a challenge this week for using a ton of brads?! ;)



Supplies
CS: Certainly Celery, DSP: Prints Pack
Ink: (around edges) Real Red, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery
Misc: rub on, square punch, brads, Cricut Doodlecharms cartridge, polka dot ribbon

19 comments:

62 Cards - Sammye Jo said...

KANDI!!! beautiful!!!I am SO glad you joined us at DCRU DT!!! - Sammye Jo

Courtney Baker said...

Very cute. I love how you replaced one of the squares for the sentiment - genius! Thanks so much for playing along with us!

margie c said...

Adorable! Love your girly card!

Thanks for playing along with us at DCRU :)

~ margie

Juanita said...

Cute card, I love how you used the brads in the center of the flower.

Cara said...

Hi, Kandi! What an adorable flowery, girly card! Thanks for joining the DCRU DT challenge!
Cara DCRU DT

Emily said...

What a cute card! So creative.

Emily-SP Diva

perezmom said...

This is so CUTE! The brads in the middle are avery nice touch! Thank you for playing along with SPCC!
Kristin - SP Diva

Gwen said...

Kandi, your card is so Sweet! Great to have you at our DCRU challenge this week.

Smiles!
GWen DT@DCRU

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

This is UBER cute :) I don't think it needs any more brads - I think it is perfect as is!!!!

Deanne - SPCC {Diva}

Kelley Eubanks said...

Cute card!! So glad that you played along with our challenge!! :)

Kristina said...

Such a fun card - love the background paper cut in squares.

Melisa said...

I love all the little brads in the center, fabulous idea.

Melisa-SP Diva

Danielle said...

This is so pretty! I really love the squares.
So glad you joined us this week at SPCC!

Winter said...

So cute! I love the brads! There actually is a challenge this week using brads and the colors you used too, I think the only color you left out on that challenge is yellow, maybe add some yellow brads and submit it there! Here's that challenge. http://embellishmagazine.com/blog/2009/11/embellish-brads-color-challenge/
Thanks for playing with us in the challenge! :)

LORi said...

I am so lovin' you adorable and totally girly card!!! That brad design rocks!!

Thanks for joining in the DCRU fun!!!

LORi BOYD

Pren said...

i love this card. it looks like something even i could do! haha. i like the leaves did you just cut a leaf shape and fold it down the center?

Stephanie *SP Diva* said...

I just love this! Way to go!

Amber said...

Such a sweet and girly card Kandi! Love it and I love how you used brads in the center of your flower. The colors are all perfect together!
Amber *DCRU DT*

~kelly marie~ said...

Love it! The flower is so cute!