Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Pile it on!

Ok, so last night I was all super proud that I got three challenges in on one card. Now I know that's not really hitting the big time of challenge combinations (with all the spiffy things I see in blog land!) but for me that was progress! So tonight I set out to see if I could do a little more!

First, I thought I'd try to play with the Pile it on challenge, and of course to play there you have to combine more than one challenge including theirs. So here we go!

Pile it on - Challenge #24 - 3 flowers and 5 pearls
Secret Crafter - Challenge #58 - Four Seasons
Lil Red Wagon - Challenge #3 - Distress It Up
La La Land Crafts - Challenge #13 - Thankful
EbtKS - First Sketch Challenge



Ok, I think that's it! Whew five! Ok, ok, I know, some of you crank out 10+ challenges on your cards and layouts and I salute you! This was pretty fun though I have to admit! I kept thinking, now what else can I add? ;)

Some fun details on the card now! The base is close to cocoa and a layer of burlap. (Seriously, I love this stuff!) The little squares of DSP are actually the PTI "Try before you buy" in the Autumn Abundance. I have been a loyal customer of Stampin' Up, but I am blown away by the amazing stuff PTI has. I'm now trying to figure out how to sneak a big, fat order past my adorable husband when I already meet (and order) each month with my fun SU girls. ;) Just kidding, he already said to just order something, but now I have to figure out everything I want right now from my mile long list! Anyway, I am in love with this paper so it was way fun to try it out tonight!

The DSP was punched out, distressed, and inked up, then layered over the burlap with a rub on sentiment on one square. The ovals were then cutout with the Creative Memories oval cutter, and I used some scallop scissors to freehand the outer oval. The leaf was stamped and colored in with an aqua pen, and then distressed before I did the cracked glass technique over it. (See, I just couldn't stop doing things to this card!) Finally some flowers and pearls finish it off.



Supplies
CS: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip
DSP: PTI Autumn Abundance
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa (watercoloring - pumpkin pie, cocoa, caramel)
Stamp: Fall Whimsy
Misc: CM oval cutter, square punch, Prima flowers, half back pearls, burlap, glassy glaze ep, Chit Chat rub on

20 comments:

Kelley Eubanks said...

Very pretty! Love the burlap background! Thanks for playing with us! :)

Della said...

Awesome card Kandi!

Joanne said...

Just gorgeous! I love the burlap background! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Avril Tanner said...

Great card! love that you put it on the jute!

Courtney Baker said...

How fun is that burlap! I love it! And serious you are a pro at multiple challenge now! Dang 5. That's impressive. I need help I can only do one at a time! :)

Rosanne said...

This is lovely, I like the use of the burlap! Thanks for playing along at Little Red Wagon!

Jennifer said...

Wow! what a wonderful card. Thank you for playing with Pile It On! this week. I hope you join us again.

Jennifer PIO DT

Elena said...

Wonderful card! Really like your idea with a burlap! So creative!
Thank you so much for joining us this week's challenge at La-La Land Crafts!

Winter said...

So pretty! I too love using PTI Try before you buy paper, I use it so much, I almost feel like I'm cheating them or something! :) Thanks for playing with us in the challenge! :)

Carolyn Wolff said...

Amazing! Love all the different elements. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

Deanna said...

Wow amazing! I love it! Thanks for playing the challenges...

Dee - PIO & LRW DT

stamprgrl said...

kandi,
CONGRATS on making the TOP 3 SCOOPS at Pile it On!!!! we adore your card...

btw. did you plate the PTI order? I love their stuff and I am trying to be good to see if Santa remembers... LOL!!!!

Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!

-- dalis
PIO Owner

Helen F. said...

WOWOW! great job on FIVE challenges with this pretty card!

Whoopsie Daisy! said...

Beautiful card! Love the designer paper! Great job on all of the challenges! Thank you for playing along with us at La-La Land Crafts! xx Jane

Irina said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! CUTE!! Thank you so much for playing along at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Kristine said...

This looks sooo COOL! LOVE that burlap :) And your papers look like fabric, great job!!

Thanks so much for entering our LaLa Weekly Wednesday Challenge!! :)

Maureen said...

Totally fabulous! Love the burlap and all the distressing! Great job combining all those challenges and thanks for joining us at Pile It On! and La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

Lynnette said...

Just fabulous! Love all of it. Just words so well together!

~kelly marie~ said...

Just gorgeous! I love all of the texture! Thank you so much for playing along with us at EbtKS!

Tyler Sirleaf said...

Good quality home appliances are priced at high cost as compared to others because these are backed with high quality and good brand. DISCLOSURE OF MATERIAL CONNECTION: Discounts and company information are right there on our home page for you to look at. There are also two tubes installed in the chimney; one to serve as the exhaust and the other to bring fresh air into the insert for combustion. This combo machine also offers several features and capabilities like spin cycles, wash speed, dry only, child safety locking and many more.