Thursday, November 5, 2009

Mel's Birthday Card!

Yesterday was my awesome friend Mel's birthday! I love giving my girlfriends a little birthday card made especially for them. You can see the other cards I've given out this year here, here, and here! (Kelly, Sharon and Steph)

Mel and I have the same favorite colors (purple and pink), and since I made her a pink card last year, I decided I better do a purple one this year! ;)


Before I get to the card and deets, I wanted to share a pic that was taken last Friday night at our Halloween party of me and my fabulous girlfriends!! :) Its not that often that you meet a group of women as amazing as these girls are! I feel so lucky and incredibly fortunate to know each of these girls. They make me laugh, they make me cry (but in a good way!), they make me want to hurt the people that hurt them-ha!, but most importantly, we're there for each other in good times and bad.


L to R: Steph, Melissa, Sharon, Mel, Kelly, Me
(I'm missing my Brooke though! Miss you girly, wish you could have been here!)
Ok now onto the card! Thanks for indulging me! ;)



This fabby birthday card is also for three challenges. First, the Moxie Fab Plum color challenge, the Cards Blog Newsprint challenge, and the Just Buggin' #10 Bling it challenge! Instead of glittering up my flowers or butterfly, I used a little bling on the butterfly so I'm pretty sure that counts for the Just Buggin challenge! The flowers were cut out with Walk in My Garden, and the butterfly from Happily Ever After (both borrowed from my wonderful friend Sharon-thanks!)


I crumpled up each flower and the butterfly/shadow and then inked up the edges with a sponge. To give the butterfly a little 3D look I only glued down the body portion so the wings stand off the card. Wish you could see how fun it is in person! ;)


Also, just a little fun fact...Mel hates when Steph and I start talking books (my other guilty pleasure/hobby - I'm up to 65 books read this year!) so I just HAD to use a book on her card, haha! This was from a book picked up at the dollar store so I didn't feel too bad about ripping it apart to make this card. I felt a twinge of guilt when I ripped out that first page, but then I loved the little flowers so all remorse was gone.



Supplies
CS: Pale Plum, Pefect Plum
Ink: Perfect Plum
Stamp: Priceless (swirls), Sincere Salutations
Misc: book print, Soft Subtles buttons, silver cord, gemstones, Cricut - Walk in My Garden and Happily Ever After

7 comments:

Hope said...

Love the card and flowers!

Stephanie *SP Diva* said...

Love this crad! So unique and beautiful! Great job!

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

great job! I love how you crumpled the flowers.

Sue Lelli said...

OMG your Halloween costume is so FAB! I wish I was there! And your card is just LOVELY! I am a big fan of text and flourishes so you know I love it but that butterfly is just adorable, too!

Cheryl Nelson said...

oh so lovely!! those flourishes look fabulous!

Winter said...

So pretty! I love the butterfly! :)

Cath said...

Hey Kandi! Thanks for entering the Plum Crazy! challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)