Friday, November 20, 2009

Just Buggin #12 Challenge!

Hi everyone! Its time again for another Just Buggin challenge, and my project reveal! I had so much fun with the challenge this week, so I hope you will all give it a try! It may seem daunting at first, but once you get going its super easy!


The challenge this week was #12 - Triple Whammy! Use 3 die cut shapes on your project!


Here is my project and a little close up of the cut outs. My tip on the blog: Dress up your die cuts with coordinating patterned papers used on your layout for a little pop!





The first layer of paper I used was from a DCWV stack -The High School stack. I used my spiral punch from SU for the edge. The "Report Card" was from a sheet of Jillibean Soup, and the rest of the patterned paper is Scenic Route. The letters are Thickers and are fabric! Yes fabric! I stamped on them with Navy ink and the dots from Bundle of Joy to create my own funky letters for this fresh and funky layout. This layout was entirely inspired by this cute one by Laura Vegas. She has such a clean style that I love!

My three cutouts are the glue, scissors, and the journaling tag. To add a little pop to the cut outs I used the patterend paper from my layout for the layers on the cut. This adds something so small, but really brings everything together.

Also, this is my 100th scrapbook page for the year! I am way behind on my 365 goal (what was I thinking, haha!!), but I am so glad to hit this milestone with this page!

Make sure to post your project to the JB Blog by Wednesday the 25th at midnight MST! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Supplies
PP: DCWV, Jillibean Soup, Scenic Route
Ink: Night of Navy
Stamp: Bundly of Joy (dots)
Misc: Red and black grosgrain ribbon, staples, Thickers, spiral punch, brads, brads, Cricut - George and Locker Talk cartridges

7 comments:

Lynne said...

love how you used notebook paper and used patterned papers on the cuts!!

Hope said...

I just love this layout, all the elements come together so wonderfully!!

Bethany said...

I love the scissors... so cute!

pezadoodle said...

what a great LO! lovin those cuts!

Stephanie *SP Diva* said...

Love this LO! Great job!

Stephanie H *JB DT*

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

great layout! I love how you spiral punched the paper it's perfect for the layout

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

What a fun layout... you did a fabulous job!!!

Just Buggin' design team member