Friday, November 13, 2009

Just Buggin' #11 - Into the Wild!

Thanks for popping over here from the Just Buggin blog, or joining me today for my first DT project with Just Buggin! You'll have daily inspiration on the JB blog from now on, so remember to go back over the next few days to see what the rest of the DT has come up with for this challenge! The DT will "officially" start on Challenge 13, but I think you'll love what we have up our sleeves until we all really get going! ;)

Here was the challenge:

Challenge #11: Create a project with an animal Cricut die cut! If you don't have a cartridge with an animal die cut, make up your own animal, think google eyes!!

And here is my card!
(This also fit the colors and owl theme for the Embellish challenge, but I didn't post my link in time over there. Oh well!)



I still had the Happily Ever After cartridge I borrowed from my friend Sharon so I cut this adorable owl out from the Sleeping Beauty set. Fun fact...Sleeping Beauty is my personal favorite of the Disney Princess movies. I'm not honestly sure why, because there are a ton of princess movies I love (Ariel is another one!), but I think its because I was so little when I watched it, and it stuck with me.


Anyway, this is the owl that in the movie was a boy, but here I've made an adorable girl owl with a ribbon and some brads! Is she not the cutest girly owl you've ever seen?! Heeee I had soooo much fun with her! I thought with such a super cheery little animal on my card I needed an equally cheery sentiment to go with it. I think this little "Happy Hellos" worked pretty perfectly! Now to just figure out who needs a little hello and pop it in the mail to them! ;)


My tip as shown on the blog: Make your animal die cuts really come to life by sponging lighter colors of cardstock, and use brads, buttons or ribbons!

The white brads really make her eyes pop so she's looking at you, and not staring blankly into space...right?! Then the addition of a little bow instantly tranforms a somber owl into a fun chick! Can you see yourself using your little embellishments for a fun animal project?! I can't wait to see them!

Remember, the challenge doesn't close until this coming Wednesday the 18th at Midnight MST! So you have plenty of time this weekend to whip up a cute animal card with your favorite bug! ;) (haha sorry I couldn't resist that one!) Be sure to visit the blog over the next few days for some more inspiration from the DT! (scroll down below the challenge to view all the fun eye candy!!)



Supplies
CS:
Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Cameo Coral - (DSP American Crafts)
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Stamp: Lots of Thoughts
Misc: Imaginisce dotted ribbon, chocolate chip grosgrain, white brads, MS Cornice border punch, chocolate chip corduroy brad, DMC floss

12 comments:

Stephanie *SP Diva* said...

I love this owl! You did a fabulous job with the challenge! Looking forward to designing with you at JB!

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

Love it!!! I bought that cart just for the owl It is adorable!

Pren said...

so cute. and so are you! im totally gonna try to remeber sleeping beauty is your fave. that might come in handy someday. :0) mines alice in wonderland. ok shes not a princess but close enough. i litterally watched the tape so much it broke hahaha

Hope said...

I love this girly owl!!! Great Job on the challenge!

The Adventure of Linds and Lyds! said...

Super cute! Love her little hair bow, who ever recieves this card will love it!

shaZZa said...

Just gorgeous!!

Lynne said...

So cute!! Someone is one lucky duck to receive such a cute card!

pezadoodle said...

super cute card - love that owl too!

Lori (THCEO) said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! That cutie-patootie owl makes me want that cartridge. (Another one to add to the list!!!)

Saxo Stamper said...

I love Green and Brown - they are my favourite colours. I think your little owl is so cute

k x

JustCrazy4Scrapen said...

Great Job. I love the owl, but then again, I think it's my favorite animal. I look forward to all your ideas on the design team.

Lisa
JB-DT

Carol said...

so cute!
Carol<><