Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Black Friday!

Hi everyone! Happy Black Friday! Did you all have a good Turkey day?! Well now that Thanksgiving is over I can fully dedicate my attention to Christmas planning! I'm a bit of a traditionalist (as I may have mentioned before) so I can't let one holiday over shadow another. Each holiday needs to have its own time, haha! So now this weekend we can set up our Christmas tree and bring out all the decorations.

Today is also another project reveal day for me over at Just Buggin! Have you been playing along with the challenges?! I sure hope you have, but if not, its never too late to join in on the fun! This is also the first week the DT is in full swing! So make sure you stop by the blog every day this week for some new eye candy and inspiration! Usually my projects will come out bi-weekly and this is my normal week, but I'm hoping to play along each week with the other fabby designers if the holiday season (and regular hectic schedule) permits!



This weeks challenge # 13 - Sew it! - Use sewing, faux sewing, or sewing stamps on your project!



My tip on the blog: This rustic little tree was perfect for stitching as the "holes" were already detail cut by the Cricut.


Now if any of you know me, you know that I'm not a good domesticated girl. I'm a little bit of a tomboy (I play in the fantasy leagues at work with the guys, watch sports and ESPN with my hubs, and play video games) so I guess its no surprise that I never learned how to properly sew. As I was trying to decide what to do for this challenge I saw this little rustic tree on the Christmas Cheer cartridge and knew it was perfect. The "holes" precut on the tree gave an instant way to add some stitching easily!


To go with the rustic feel I got from this tree I used linen thread for my stitching, and burlap as a background for my finished tree. Because its a smaller image, it only took a couple of minutes to add some detail stitching.



The Ruby Red was embossed with the Swiss Dots folder on the Cuttlebug, and the greeting is a rub on from the Chit Chat set. Punched out with the Modern Label punch, its a fun little sentiment that adds to the card, but still lets my tree be center stage.

Alright ladies, are you ready to get crafty for this challenge?! You have until Wednesday December 2nd to post your card on the JB Blog. I'd love to see your take on this challenge!



Supplies
CS: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Ruby Red
Misc: linen thread, Modern Label punch, Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, Chit Chat rub-ons, burlap, Swiss Dots embossing folder, Cricut - Christmas Cheer cartridge

7 comments:

Pren said...

love this card!

Lynne said...

What a great use for burlap!!! And I like how you "sewed" on your tree!
Lynne JB DT

JustCrazy4Scrapen said...

Love this card and simple it looks. Very clean and simple, my kind of card. Thanks for all you do at JustBuggin.

Lisa
JB-DT

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Hi Kandi,
Love your card, super cute. The burlap adds a perfect touch!

Robin :)

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

very cute Kandi! it is the perfect rustic card. the stitching on the tree looks great with the burlap.

62 Cards - Sammye Jo said...

Totally adorable. LOVE LOVE the burlap! You rock :)

Bethany said...

Simple and so cute... I love the texture the burlap adds.