Friday, November 20, 2009

Finally Friday!

Hey everyone! I'm so excited I can share something really fun with you! I was recently asked by Samantha, the creator of SP Color Combos and Just Buggin, to be a host for Finally Friday at SPCC! (Make sure to scroll down below the current challenge!)

Samantha and I have gotten to know each other over the past couple of months as I've played along with the color challenges at SPCC, and was recently picked for the Design Team at Just Buggin. Its been so fun getting to know her, and I was thrilled when she asked if I would be a Finally Friday host!

Here is my challenge: Create a Tall Card! Make a card that towers over the standard size!

Here is my challenge card on the blog, plus an additional one I created just for this challenge! ;) Make sure to upload your creations on the SP Blog so we can all see your gorgeous tall cards! I can't wait to see them!!





This card has lots of sparkle on it, I wish you could see all of the glitz! The paper is from a DCVW Christmas stack and has pre-glittered paper that was so fun to play with! After stamping the mitten, I used my Sakura glitter pen to add highlights to the lines and snowflake. Also, I used some stickles on the plain white brads to make them sparkle too! The snowflake is attached to a clear button and tied on the ribbon at the bottom. Both cards are 4 x 8.


Sparkle Supplies
CS:
Whisper White, Basic Black
DSP: DCVW Christmas Glitter Stack
Ink: Pink Passion, Basic Black
Stamp: Sparkling Season, Warm Words (sentiment)
Misc: brads, stickles, felt snowflakes, ribbon, clear button, glitter pen




I know a certain someone that is expecting (and I'm so excited for her - I love my friends!!), but it will be a long time until we know what she is having. She just found out and told us last week so it will be awhile before we meet the little person! Anyway, I thought about her as I made this little baby card, and if its a girl, well I can always go back and change the colors in 9 months! ;) Although you probably can't tell from the photo, after the stars were cut out on the Cricut, I ran them through the Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots folder to match the sage shadow base. Lots of fun texture!


Congratulations Supplies
CS: Very Vanilla, Sage Shadow, Summer Sun, Night of Navy
DSP: My Minds Eye, (Ohh La La Collection)
Ink: Night of Navy
Stamp: Sweet Sentiments
Misc: neutrals buttons, linen thread, Swiss Dots CB folder, George cartridge (stars),

2 comments:

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

Beautiful cards Kandi - you have some serious talent :)

Vickie said...

I saw the first card at the challenge and it is so pretty!

Your second card is so creative! Congrats to your friend.

I dove right into the challenge. I might actually do more tall cards!