Wednesday, November 11, 2009

411 from the IT guy...

Ok, if anyone out there is having problems with Blogger, believe me I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!! I've been hearing some rumblings in blogland lately about Blogger so here is my info and hopefully it helps you!


I recently did the updates for IE 8...yes, I'm a little behind the times, but I am a huge traditionalist. Although I don't mind change itself, I hate when things don't look or work the same. So, I finally did the updates at the prompting of my Network Admin/IT (all knowing computer) guy, aka the hubs, aka Jake. Well for the past two weeks I've been having MAJOR issues with Blogger and I totally blamed it on IE 8. Problems such as not being able to copy and paste seriously drove me nuts! Being the traditionalist that I am, I'm not a huge fan of Firefox so I really was bummed that I might have to switch to actually blog in peace!

In comes Jake to save the day! I didn't want to spend the time researching a problem I didn't think could be fixed so I went begging to him! So for any of you Bloggers out there that are having issues...here is the solution that worked for me!


On the right hand side of the address bar (where you put in the website to go to) you will have the 'X' on the furthest side, the Refresh button in the middle, and then you should have a button that looks like a piece of paper ripped in half. This is called Compatibility Mode. Click it and Blogger returns to normal! Basically, it restores the version of Blogger as you once knew it! :D Hopefully this helps anyone out there that might have been having problems recently!


No comments: