Friday, October 9, 2009

SP Color Combo #18!

Well, after a disasterous sick week last week, I am finally feeling better! Whooo! I honestly can't remember being that sick before! I was down for the count! My awesome hubs took care of the kids and kept up with the house quite well! I have a few things around the house to tackle this weekend, but I was so excited to get back and play with some papers and stamps! So of course the housework (dusting, vacumming, etc.) got pushed aside for a day so I could indulge for a few cards. ;)


Ok, so I've been really procrastinating making a birthday card for my Uncle. I've just been having a tough time with the colors and masculine theme. I thought the color combo at SPCC this week was perfect for this type of card!






So the funny part though, I didn't have any of these colors! I don't have any of the new "In Colors", and I was at scraps on my Not Quite Navy. Time to stock up again! ;) So, I had to substitute all three colors, but I think it turned out ok. In the catalog the Suede color always looked a little similiar to Always Artichoke, so that's what I used for that color. For the Navy, I went with Night of Navy, and for the Dusty Durango, I had a button and some brads that was similiar.


I also made a little patterned type paper with this card using the sentiments and the candles. I love being able to take a stamp set and use it to the fullest! Eat Cake will always be one of my favorite birthday sets I think! :) I also took the "sparkles" stamp and did the Kissing technique on the cake. You ink up the main stamp, and then take another stamp, apply it directly to your inked up stamp and it removes your ink making a design. Then you stamp it and you get a totally different look!



Supplies
CS: Night of Navy, Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke
Ink: Night of Navy, Pumpkin Pie, Always Artichoke
Stamp: Eat Cake
Misc: brads, button, linen thread, scallop border punch

7 comments:

Danielle said...

I think it is great!
Thanks for joining us at SPCC!

Sandra Farrell said...

Wow I didn't think of this a masculine colour combo, but this is awesome.

Melisa said...

Wonderful job! I love the stamping technique.

Melisa-SP Diva

Emily said...

You make stamping look easy. Great job.

Emily-SP Diva

Kristina said...

Great birthday card - great use of the SPCC colours.

thescrapmaster said...

What a cute little cake!!! That is so adorable.
Hugs,
Samantha
SPCC Creator

Kristin said...

fantastic card!