Thursday, October 29, 2009

Snow!

We had our first snowfall of the season two days ago. It had been snowing in the mountains for awhile now, but it finally snowed in the valley. So here was the scene Tuesday morning at my house.

Jake (at 6:30am): You're not going to like it outside.

Me (fearing the worst): Whhhhyyyyyy?

Jake: There's snow on the ground.

*sigh* I hate snow. Which really sucks because I live in Utah..."The Greatest Snow on Earth". *sigh* There are only two good reasons for snow.... 1) to watch it gently falling making a gorgeous white landscape when you are at home curled up in a fleece blanket with a book and hot cocoa (or a White Chocolate Mocha from Starbucks!) in hand and 2) only for the purpose of a White Christmas and then it can go away, thanks. *sigh* I'm perfectly fine if it stays up in the mountains and all the snowboarders/skiiers can enjoy it up there! Just not 3+ feet of it in my driveway, thanks!

Ok well, I guess I don't hate it that bad, but only in crafty terms mind you! I mean I love my snowflake and snowmen stamps and embellies, and all those fun wintery cards and scrapbook layouts. But the actual white stuff...ugh...its cold and wet. Two of the things I like least in this world, hehe!

Anyway, point of my rambling is this card! Although I despise the snow with every fiber of my being, I at least can appreciate the beauty of it, and have fun with my "wintery" craft supplies! ;)


I used the SPCC Christmas Combo #7 for this card. Still don't have any of the new "In Colors" so I substitued Taken with Teal ink for the Bermuda Bay color. Of course stamped on the Brocade Blue it doesn't show up as bright, but its there!


EDIT:

Thanks Paige and the Cards Peeps for the feature of this card for the stitching challenge!



I used my Bazzil template for the swirls as I was going for a "snowfall" look. Gently falling, swirling flakes! Also, after I tied on the button to the bow, I added a felt snowflake and tied a bow on top of that with DMC floss. Super cute up close and in person I assure you! ;)

Supplies
CS: Brocade Blue, Brocade Blue DSP Prints Pack II
Ink: Taken with Teal (Bermuda substitue)
Stamp: Warmest Regards
Misc: grosgrain ribbon, felt snowflakes, Bazzil template, DMC floss, white brads, button

1 comment:

thescrapmaster said...

WOW I love your stitching!! That is just gorgeous!!

I am jealous of your snow though :O( I am from Colorado and I miss the snow. We don't get any in TN.

Hugs,
Samantha
SPCC Creator