Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Just Buggin Challenge

I love my little Cricut and was thinking the other day that I don't use it enough on my cards. Enter a new challenge, haha! I love challenges that make you think outside the box, or challenges that get you to use your supplies. So my Cricut that is mainly utilized for scrapbooking is going to get used a lot more I think! ;) The Just Buggin Challenges are perfect to get you thinking of different ways to use your cartridges or get more mileage out of any you have. At least that's what I'm guessing it will do for me!


So for the Just Buggin #8 Challenge you are to use a cartridge that does shape cards, or use at least one die cut on your card. This card has a couple little things on it! The scallop tag was cut out at 3 inches on the Christmas Cheer cartridge, and the hearts were on the George cartridge and cut at 1.5 and 2 inches (I think anyways!). The hearts are actually the new Wood Sheets from Stampin' Up! I love these things! I just ordered them and can't wait to do more with them! The Cricut will cut it out for the most part, but I went over it with scissors after the outline was cut. I imagine with the deep cut blade they would be just fine. The wood didn't splinter at all. Man, I really need to find my deep blade now, haha! Its in my messy crafty room somewhere! Anyway, then I stamped the hearts with the woodgrain background, as well as the card base. So really the only stamping is the background, but I'm so happy with this cute little accent cut from my Cricut!



Supplies
CS: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Prints Pack II DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Stamp: Woodgrain background
Misc: Regal Rose grosgrain, corduroy button, linen thread, MS Cornice border punch, Christmas Cheer cartridge, George cartridge

2 comments:

thescrapmaster said...

Did you change your header or am I crazy?? It looks really nice!

Your card is awesome. I have never tried the wood sheets, but you made them seem so tempting. The woodgrain background looks great on the hearts and the background. Gorgeous card.
Hugs,
Samantha
Just Buggin'

Robin said...

Hi Kandi! Followed your blog link from the Just Buggin' blog! LOVE this card!! I haven't seen a SU catalog in FOREVER... I'm thinking I need to find me a local consultant and see what I've been missing!