Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Happy Everything!

Sometimes I sit and stare at all my craft supplies and my mind is just boggled and I can't come up with anything. Take this card for example...

I just could not find the mojo. I was chatting with my friend Brooke (she's at NYU for grad school - miss you girly!) Saturday and was complaining to her that I was having problems in craft land. She asked why and I guessed it was because I hadn't been crafty at all the week before. This was due to the dreaded illness that I'm now referring to as THE PLAGUE at my house. It seriously was so awful! Anyways, I'd tried working my way back into craftiness, but for whatever the reason I wasn't happy with anything I was creating.


So, I pulled out a few things in similiar colors and let it be. Sometimes I just have to do that. I just need to have fun with it because really that's why I do this!! It's my escape and I adore the time I get to spend playing with paper and ink and stamps. Not every card has to be polished and perfect, and really I'm a far cry from that at best! I'm a simple girl and I need to remember that when I'm trying to pressure myself into something great.


Ok so without more rambling here is the card. A little simple, a little funky, but definitely makes me smile with the bright colors and super fun flowers. I was inspired by the SPCC Finally Friday challenge to use flowers on a card.




Supplies
CS:
Pixie Pink
DSP: Making Memories
Ink: Pink Passion
Stamp: Happy Everything
Misc: brads, hardware, grosgrain ribbon, ZVA creative felt flowers

3 comments:

Emily said...

Love this card! Love the colors you used.

Emily-SP Diva

Deanne K said...

It's beautiful :) I love the flowers and the metal hardware!!!!

Thanks so much for playing along at Finally Friday!

Deanne K

Roxanne McCleary said...

Love your card!