Friday, October 16, 2009

Halloween Invites!

Here are the invites for our friends this year for our Rock Band Halloween party! We set up a projector on the ginormous wall in my living room and rock out to Rock Band while eating delish food (stuffed mushrooms, artichoke dip, pesto baguettes...), downing some nummy drinks (pomegranite martinis, electric lemonades, etc.), and hanging out with our awesome friends! The kids chill downstairs with movies and their own treats while the adults have a blast and make fools of ourselves on Rock Band! Its awesome! ;)

So here are the invites that went out to our friends this year! I love everything Kim Hughes does (I had the pleasure of meeting her this summer!) and her little "Witchy Footwear" card in the Sept/Oct PaperCrafts mag was exactly what I wanted for my invites this year. (Template available on the PC website.)

Instead of making cards, I opted to do a single front of the witch shoe and include the party info on the back like a little postcard. I thought this might save a little time for me, but I'm not sure if it did or not! I've been working on these at little bits during this week so I was so glad when they were finally done! YAY! I'm considering telling my friends they have to bring these back to get admittance...lol.


I'd bought both black and purple ribbons for these shoes for fun, but I think I like the black version better.


Here are 10 of them together! I love seeing projects mass produced like this, its such a fun variety in one picture!




Supplies
CS: Whisper White
DSP: DCWV
Misc: ribbon, Sassafras buttons, hole punch, DMC floss

No comments: