Monday, October 12, 2009

Giddy Up!

One other idea I had for our Girls Night Out invites. I'm so not the country type (AT ALL!) but the designer paper made me think of cowgirl stuff, and my friend Kelly rocks her belt buckle every now and then. ;) She wants to go to a place called "The Westerner" but since I'm so not into country...well we'll see! Kelly said she'd teach me some line dance steps though so that might be fun! I did drill team in high school and college afterall so how hard could it be to pick up? But then again, I'd have to actually listen to the country music while doing it...sigh.


Anyway, onto the card!


I cut those little cowboy boots out with my Paper Dolls cartridge on the Cricut and sponged a little ink on them. I printed out the little saying on the computer and used this font called "Giddy Up!" how perfect right?! Then I tied some hemp together for the little lasso. I can't tell you how excited I was when this all came together! I'd sketched it out at least 2 weeks ago! I love when the ideas in your head finally come out on paper, and come out better than you expected!



Supplies
CS: Pretty in Pink, Boho DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Misc: hemp, printed sentiment, Paper Dolls Cricut cartridge, linen thread, Sassafras pink button, pretty in pink grosgrain ribbon, scallop border punch

1 comment:

Sandra Farrell said...

Very cute. And thanks for your comment on my blog. Did you scroll down and see that I posted some MDS pages which used the same digi sets that you used on your blog header.