Friday, October 16, 2009

Get Well Swap Cards

Our monthly stamp group was meeting tonight and I still hadn't come up with an idea for my swap cards. Uh yep, that would be me procrastinating, or more like missing my mojo this week. Each night I would sit down at my craft table and never come up with anything. Well this morning I saw the Finally Friday Challenge at SPCC and thought I'd try to incorporate the embossing challenge with my Get Well cards. I quickly sketched it all out on a post-it at work, and crossed my fingers that the card would come out like I envisioned when I got home. I thought I might cry if it didn't, haha!


I left work a little early to get my daughter ready for a Halloween party, and then once she was all squared away I got to work on my cards. I finished 10 minutes before it was time to leave for the party!! Whew! Talk about a close finish! :) I was happy with how these turned out as they really match the idea I had sketched out on paper. Right down to the colors, the CB folder, and the ribbons, I'd planned it all out so the card came together pretty quickly! Also, I only had to make 6 this time, so that helped too! ;)


The one thing you might not be able to tell from the pictures is the extra step I did when embossing. I inked up my Cuttlebug folder in Barely Banana so that when it was embossed, around the raised up images is a soft outline of ink. It adds just enough detail to make it pop a little. I repeated that same process on the punched out flowers to dress them up a little as well. This layout was also inspired by the Clean and Simple FTL #63 . A little bit different after it was all done, but that layout was my starting point for inspiration!






Supplies
CS:
Chocolate Chip, Barely Banana, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Barely Banana
Stamp: Sincere Salutations
Misc: Stylized Flowers Cuttlebug folder, Cricut George (for tags, size 2.5), 5 petal flower punch, Chocolate Chip double stitched grosgrain ribbon, DMC floss, button

3 comments:

Susan said...

I just love the simplicity of the design. The fat ribbon and the button-centered flower complement nicely.

Life Made Creations said...

Such a beautiful design and pretty colors. Love that Cuttlebug folder.

Emily said...

Wow! So gorgeous...I love it!

Emily-SP Diva