Monday, October 19, 2009

Congratulations!

Whew! What a weekend! I didn't get anytime to craft this weekend, other than the 10 minutes it took me to throw together this card. A friend of Jake's at work was having a housewarming so I wanted to make a little card to take over. I'd planned on making bread to go with the card, but because everything else was so crazy busy that didn't happen! Leaving this until the last minute was not a good idea either!

I'd wanted to play along with the SP Color Combo all week long, so I combined the need to make a quick card with this combo to make the simplest card ever! It seriously did take less than 10 minutes though. I'd been trying to think of what to do with these colors all week long actually. There have been some beautiful cards made with this combo, but I just couldn't think of anything it seemed like! I do like how this came out in the end though even if it is a very basic (but heartfelt!) card.


Also, because this was done so quickly, I ended up taking this picture (on my lap!) on our way with my phone. I love my little pink Blackberry and I was surprised that this looked halfway decent, haha!



For the house I used my Christmas Cheer cartridge. It has "snow" on the regular image so to eliminate that I used the Shadow feature before cutting. Then the heart was cut out from the George cartridge, and I free hand cut the "grass". It was so super simple to put together, but somethings are better simple, right? Ok, go with me on this one, haha! I really wanted to add more to this card (buttons, ribbons, anything!), but with no time it is what it is. Guess that will teach me about putting things off until the last minute! ;)



Supplies
CS:
Whisper White, Almost Amethyst, Green Galore (might be Gable Green actually...I think I labeled them wrong in my file folder!)
Ink: Close to Cocoa
Stamp: Congrats
Misc: George cartridge, Christmas Cheer cartridge, Sassafras button

5 comments:

Heidi said...

This is so stinkin' cute! Great job whipping that out!

Heidi SP Diva

~kelly marie~ said...

So adorable!! I just love it!

Emily said...

Too cute!

Love it

Emily-SP Diva

Melisa said...

Adorable card. Great job on such a quick card.

Melisa-SP Diva

Stephanie *SP Diva* said...

This is such a cute card! Great job with the SPCC colors! Thanks for playing!