Monday, September 28, 2009

A Scrapbook Page!

Wow, it has been ages since I've made a scrapbook page! This Friday night I'm getting together with a couple friends to scrapbook so I had it on my mind tonight. I've got to start packing up all my stuff and getting it all together!


The kids had gone to bed and I was itching to try out a new color challenge I found tonight. So, out came a scrapbook page!



The colors were based on this challenge found at SPcolorcombos :




The red and green reminded me of some die cut flowers I had from SU that I've been hoarding. I pulled out a few things in these colors, and put together this page. I used my 5 petal flower punch for the centers of the flowers and the smaller ones. I love how simple this is, and that its not an overly "Christmas-y" page.

Oh also, this is page number 99 for the year! I have totally fallen short of my ginormous goal (365 pages for the year), but I'm ok with that. I'm just so happy I have gotten so much done this year! ;) Really, I could look at it that I've done a page a week and have passed that number, hehe!




Supplies:
CS: SU Decorative paper, Real Red, Old Olive
Misc: Flower die cuts, old olive grosgrain, so saffron grosgrain, 5 petal flower punch, Thickers letters, dmc floss, MS border punch

6 comments:

Susan said...

Your LO is delightfully sweet! Thanks for playing along at SPCC.

Danielle said...

Excellent page!! Love it!!
So glad you joined us this week at SPCC!!

Sandra Farrell said...

You know, I really found that these colours reminded me of Christmas too. Awesome layout!

Kristina said...

Great LO - great use of the SPCC colour combo - thanks for joining us.

Emily said...

Oh wow! Love this layout.

Emily-SP Diva

Melisa said...

Love your layout. Congrats on getting so many pages done so far this year.

Melisa-SP Diva