Thursday, September 24, 2009

A New Challenge!

I recently stumbled across a new challenge based magazine publication, Embellish! There is a set challenge and then you submit to have it considered for publishing. This will be for the December issue and when it comes out, it will be only $3! I'm thinking I'll have to subscribe to that to see all of the amazing cards and projects that will be featured in there (even if I'm not - hehe)! :)
Just a little note - I made this card last Saturday, but saved it until now! I usually do that so I can have a full week of blog posts! I make a few cards over the weekend, schedule all my blog posts on Sunday night, and then sit back and let it do its thing. Honestly, one of the best things I could have done for myself because after working a full day, doing stuff with the kids, and whatever else goes on, its nice knowing this is one thing I can cross off my list. ;)
Ok anyways, onto the card!

I struggled with this a little because I didn't have any Kraft cardstock. Since the twine (the required embellishment) is kraft colored, I figured that would work for that portion, and do the whole "two birds with one stone" sort of thing. I hope that's ok and I'm crossing my fingers that it is! ;) I think it should be anyways!









Supplies
CS: Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Taken with Teal, Real Red
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Stamps: Upsy Daisy
Misc: Modern label punch, buttons, twine, chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon, red felt flowers, cornice border punch

No comments: