Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Little Birdie

So I never thought to use burlap on my cards (or fabric for that matter) until very recently. I picked up some burlap and fabric quarters to play around with this last weekend. Here is a little something I came up with using burlap and the color challenge combo I was playing with last week.
EDIT:
(Incidentally, it also fits with THIS color challenge as well! Too fun right?! My "blue-ish" color is a little darker than aqua, but I think it fits close enough.) ;)

I love the almost rustic/outdoorsy feel this card has with the bird, berry leaf, and burlap. I seriously love this burlap touch and can't wait to try out more stuff with it! I'm thinking it will be gorgeous with some Fall type cards, and on scrapbook pages at the corn maze. Oh also, notice the little bird from the Always set? I posted awhile back about being swayed on this set just for the heart alone, but like I said before, that little bird has grown on me!




Supplies
CS:
Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Kraft
Ink: Taken with Teal, Chocolate Chip
Stamp: Always
Misc: Scallop border punch, burlap, twine, Sassafras brown button, real red and chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon

14 comments:

A_MOMS_LIFE said...

Wow, really love this card! I love the burlap I might try that! I also love your little bows. Great card!

Lisa H. said...

wow! that burlap adds so much to this card. great work with Dawn's color challenge! love it!

Windy Robinson said...

Great job with the challenge! Love that bird in the aqua.

Purple D said...

How beautiful! The burlap gives so much character!

Lynn said...

Love the texture the burlap creates - what a fun card!

Kimberly said...

Great card!! Love the use of that burlap!! Nicely done!! :)
And I love that bird! One of my favs!! :)

shelly said...

The burlap background is such a great fresh idea! Very pretty card.

Amy Liz Schultz said...

this is just lovely! that burlap as the background just adds the perfect texture!

Terri E. said...

The burlap texture is a lot of fun. Way to go on Dawn's color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Andrea M said...

oooh, what a great card!!! Love all the texture ;)

Jenna Wunderlich said...

I love this! The burlap is awesome!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE your card! The burlap and the bows are FAB!

Steph said...

This is incredible. Great use of burlap.

Joshua Jiraffe Designs said...

GREAT card! Love the rustic look and how you pulled all the colors together. I LOVE working with all types of fabric. Have fun with your fabric squares!