Friday, September 18, 2009

Halloween Swap

For our card group this month we are swapping Halloween treats! I had a ton of ideas that I wanted to do, but finally decided on this one and went with it.

Inside is a bag of popcorn and some confetti paper. The kids and Jake walked around the neighborhood with me to collect the sticks! ;)

I also wanted to show how easy it was to take the tag on the bag and turn it into a focal point on a card.

I started out by cutting the tag on my Cricut at 4 1/2" (George Cartridge) and then stamping the halloween text stamp on the top half. I ran the celery strip through the Cuttlebug and then scalloped the black piece. I added the orange grosgrain and button, and then stuck that piece onto the tag. I stamped and cut the witch hat, added ribbon and the brad. Then stamped the pumpkin and punched out, then added those on the tag. Ribbon was the final touch for the tag.

For the bag, I cut it in strips, and on the front only I cut it all the way down to the bottom. Then added my popcorn bag, stick, and confetti paper, and tied it all off with ribbon and attached the tag.

For the card, I ran more celery through the Cuttlebug, added some ribbon and brads to the lavendar cardstock, and then layered it all on the black card base.






Supplies:
CS:
Lavendar Lace, Basic Black, Certainly Celery, Pumpkin Pie
Ink: Basic Black
Stamp: Eat, Drink & Be Scary
Misc: scallop border punch, brads, black and orange grosgrain ribbon, curly label punch, silver cord, Cuttlebug folder, Cricut

No comments: