Friday, September 11, 2009

Get Well - Masculine

My co-worker (and awesome stampin' friend) Barb and I were talking at work the day before about our Get Well cards for our upcoming swap. She totally inspired me for this card! We were talking about how Get Well cards we always think of flowers, and gear them more towards feminine designs. She mentioned doing a more masculine card and it got me to thinking!

So Wednesday night I sat down, and with no real clear direction, I just started pulling stuff out. This card came together in minutes and was SO SUPER FUN! It was like the crafty mojo was just flowin! What started it off was that little spark of what I'd do for a masculine get well, and I immediately thought of the Loads of Love stamp set with the fun sentiment. "Thought you could use a little pickup!" From there I just grabbed things that made me think masculine, (of course the brown haha!) and within 20 minutes this was all done.

First I stamped the truck, doggies, and driver on patterned paper and cut it out. That was later mounted to the cocoa rectangle, and then rounded the corners. I added the ribbon and the border to the top to create even more balance on the top half. To round it out, the sentiment was stamped twice on the different cardstock colors and cut out. That left the opposite end a little empty so some corduroy brads finished it off. (Plus to be honest...I'd smudged some lip gloss in the bottom corner so a little accident turned into a happy discovery hehe!)




Supplies:
CS: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Brocade Blue, Very Vanilla, DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Stamp: Loads of Love and Loads of Love Acc.
Misc: Corduroy buttons, linen thread, twill tape, chocolate chip grograin ribbon, Martha Stewart border punch, corner rounds

No comments: