Monday, August 24, 2009

Sweet One

Last Friday we had a baby shower for one of my co-workers. She is having twin boys so it was double the fun as we saw cute little matching outfits, one after the other! We even had a few of our male co-workers join us, which they all said that would probably be their last shower! Too many "Cutes!" and "Awwws!" apparently!

I had been a big procrastinator all last week, so this card was made in under 10 minutes Thursday night. Its a smaller sized card as well so the small scallop didn't look lost at the top. The card was about 4 1/2 by 4 1/4 (if I remember correctly). I used my scallop border punch to do the two pattered papers, stamped the "sweet one", and then used the scallop circle punch to line it up and punch it out. Added the ribbon and button treatment and it was a snap to make. One of the best parts....these were all scraps I had tucked away! I love being able to dig through my stash and make fun little cards for any occasion in just a few minutes.





Supplies:
CS:
Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Prints Patterns I and II
Ink: Bashful Blue
Stamp: So Many Scallops
Misc: Certainly Celery twill ribbon, Scallop Border Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Soft Subtles button, DMC white floss

No comments: