Saturday, August 8, 2009

Super Bright...get your shades!

Do you ever feel like making something totally different than what you normally do? I love bright colors, but I don't think I've EVER combined them like this!







The Bashful Blue works to balance the card out, and tone it down a little. Tempting Torquoise would have given this a totally different look, right?! Its in that same bright color family, but wasn't the look I was going for. By adding just a little blue in a softer shade, it makes everything work together without being too much. I also crinkled the flowers up to give them a distressed look. It's a super simple card without too many elements which I like.



Supplies:
CS:
Pixie Pink, Pink Passion, Whisper White, Gable Green
Ink: Pixie Pink, Pink Passion, Gable Green, Bashful Blue
Stamp: Upsy Daisy (sentiment), Eastern Blooms
Misc: Striped Bashful Blue ribbon, Designer Button Sherbet, Corner rounder (for scallop border) white brad, DMC floss

No comments: