Monday, August 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

Happy Birthday Dad! :) Today is my Dad's birthday so I wanted to share his card! My Dad is a super amazing man and I have been so thankful to call him Padre. (Family nickname from us kids but I don't remember why we started that! Mom is called Madre every now and then too!)


My Dad is a handy man in every sense of the word. There isn't anything he can't fix or build with his own two hands. He has an impressive set of tools and shelves in his garage, and even has one of those pegboard things layed out with which tools go where. (Now you know where I get my OCD and crazy tendencies from!) He's a general contractor which perfectly fits with his passion for building and tools and all that "guy" stuff. :)


So of course I HAD to use this Tool set and the sentiment "He who has the most tools wins" for his birthday card. Of course right! I wanted to use each of the tools in the set (only the saw wasn't used) to create a little bundle of tools to go with the saying. I didn't want them to be too plain though, so I pulled out my Prints Pack DSP from Stampin' Up! and got to it! For the strips in the background I didn't want it to look all the same, so I rotated the green sheet before cutting so the white stripes were going in a different direction. This gave it a totally different look! Then by inking up only the sentiment I was able to stamp that below all the tools in the center.




Supplies:
CS: Going Gray, Whisper White, Prints Pack I and II
Ink: Basic Black
Stamp: Totally Tool
Misc: Silver Brads, Ticket Corner Punch

No comments: