Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Cracked Glass...but Friends Make Us Strong

Happy Wednesday! I don't do the Cracked Glass technique often enough so I thought I'd use it on this little card. Its sort of an irony thing...cracked glass with the sentiment "Friends Make Us Strong"...yep I'm a little crazy like that sometimes, hehe!



Background is stamped with a flower, and then the center vanilla rectangle is stamped, watercolored, and then embossed with the ultra thick embossing powder to create the cracked glass look. The sentiment is a rub-on from the Chit Chat set from Stampin' Up and cut out with the new Modern Label punch. These colors make me think of Easter...how bout you?! Unfortunately the cracked glass look doesn't show up as well here, but if you click the image for a larger picture you can see the detail! ;) I sponged the cracks over with a darker ink as usual, but I'm not sure if I need to repeat the process for a better result this time. Weird how things work fine one time, but not the next!



Supplies:
CS: So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Very Vanilla
Ink: Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip
Stamp: Simply Said
Misc: designer buttons, DMC floss, Saffron ribbon, Scallop Border punch, Modern Label punch, Chit Chat rub-on, Ultra Thick Embossing powder

No comments: