Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Blast From the Past...

Yesterday I showed you the card I had made for the baby shower at work. Today, I'll show you the card I made that we used for everyone to sign who had donated money for the "Stroller Fund" as we called it. With twins on the way, my co-worked was in need of a double stroller to tote those little boys around in. I work for an amazing company and have wonderful co-workers, so it was no surprise that we were able to get her a super-duper double stroller! Everyone in the office knows I'm a card maker (as I've got several people into our little stamping group!), so on Thursday I was asked to make a card to pass around.

Recall yesterday that I said I had procrastinated making my own card? Well....I reverted to my stash, and pulled out a card I made 2 YEARS AGO!! See, I had made a bunch to use for a swap group that ended up falling through. So I had 12 of these little baby cards that just sat in my stash. Our stamp group last month decided to do a baby swap (at my urging haha) so I was able to use them up, and only had a few left over. So being resourceful, I dug this one out and called it good. Its still fun for me to look back and see how my style has changed a little, but some things remain the same. :) (Like how much I love adding brown to my cards!)


For the ribbon detail at the bottom, I used the Double Rectangle punch, and punched across the bottom. Then I threaded the ribbon in and out and secured behind the blue cardstock base.



Supplies:
CS: Close to Cocoa, Bashful Blue, Whisper White
Ink: Bashful Blue, Close to Cocoa
Stamp: Bundle of Joy, Sweet Stars Jumbo wheel
Misc: Circle punches, Double rectangle punch, Word Window punch, brown satin ribbon, blue eyelets

No comments: