Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A True Friend

I have been very blessed and fortunate to have a special person in my life. I met Sharon when I was looking for a in-home daycare provider. I had tried the larger sized daycares, but I felt my kids weren't benefiting from their experience. My son was 22 months and my daughter was 5 when I found her listed as a registered state provider. (Basically that meant she had a license, had a food handlers permit, cpr certification, home inspections by the state, etc.) My kids started going to her daycare in November of 2004...and well you all probably know how this story ends! Sharon and I became friends, and she introduced me to the wonderful world of stamping via Stampin' Up!. Two years ago Sharon became a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, and I was among the first to commit to her stamp groups! So, this fall marks our 5 year friendship/stamp addiction/business relationship. My kids still go to her daycare and we (me, the kids and my husband) have all grown to love Sharon and her family.

She has been such a wonderful friend all these years and has always been there for me. She's been supportive when times were rough or I was down, just like a true friend does! As she goes through a rough patch, I wanted to let her know how much she means to me, and how much I care about her. Love ya girly! :)

The main stamp image was done with the stem from Eastern Blooms and was watercolored with the Soft Subtles watercolor crayons, and Close to Cocoa from the Earth Elements set.



Supplies:
CS: Apricot Appeal, Bashful Blue, Whisper White
Ink: Bashful Blue (sentiment), Apricot Appeal, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Close to Cocoa watercolor crayons
Stamps: Eastern Blooms, Friends 24-7 (sentiment)
Misc: Certainly Celery Twill ribbon, scallop border punch, hemp, button

1 comment:

Ladybug Designs said...

WOW!!! Thank you so much! I don't know what else to say. Except I feel very blessed to have you, Jake, and your kids in my life. I am very glad that we became friends etc. Love you right back!!