Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

What a week it was last week! I'm not sure what the deal was, but it felt like things were just so rushed, busy, and frantic for some reason. It seems like today though, that we have caught our breath, and are back into our normal routine. I'm not sure if its the fact that the kids are finally out of school (year round school), that we've gotten past the anticipation of a holiday weekend, or that our AC will finally be fixed this week! (Ick don't get me started on that mess!!) Whatever the case, I'm glad its a new week and a fresh start, especially for blogging and crafting!


I've been saving this card (and one I'll share tomorrow) for a few weeks now so it wouldn't spoil the surprise for my mom (and brother). However, I'm a horrible slacker at mailing things to her (we blame it on the DNA...its an inherited trait all my sisters have from mom, too!), but this is finally in the mail! So I thought I'd share it tonight and she should have it in a few days time!


My parents celebrated their 28th wedding anniversary last month, and I wanted to make a special little anniversary card for them. The card I made last year I used their wedding colors, but this year I went with a color combo that just seemed fun to me! The hearts are heat embossed and cut out, and popped up with dimensionals. Just a little simple card, but (if I do say so myself) it has a very, very special message inside, and that will be Mom's surprise if she sees this before getting the card! ;)

Supplies:
CS: Always Artichoke, So Saffron, Ruby Red
Ink: So Saffron, Always Artichoke, Versamark
Stamp: Ever After, All Holidays (sentiment)
Misc: hemp, white embossing powder, lace, dimensionals

No comments: