Thursday, July 30, 2009

Dear Missing Mojo

Main Entry: mo·jo
Pronunciation:\ˈmō-(ˌ)jō\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural mojoes or mojos
Etymology: probably of African origin; akin to Fulani moco'o medicine man
Date: 1926
: a magic spell, hex, or charm ; broadly : magical power


I need to indulge for just a minute to whine about my Mojo. It had gone missing...or as Austin Powers says, "I've lost my MOJO baby!"


I'd looked in the usual places...under the couch, between the cushions, under the bed, in the car, in my purse...but I couldn't find it anywhere. A friend told me I probably left it in my shorts pocket and that it must have shrunk in the dryer. Her solution was a good soapy soak in craft supplies.


Well, I think I may have found it, but I'm still not sure where it was hiding! I'm not sure what the deal was, or what kind of funk I was in. I'm just glad that I actually made a card tonight! I'll show it this weekend after its in the mail for my momma. It's almost her birthday! I also have a second card in progress for my dad, too. (Their birthdays are six days apart, so its nice to get those both done and out of the way together, haha!) Guess that was pretty good motivation to get the mojo goin.


Anyway, just wanted to let you all know that all is right with the world again now that my mojo is back. Its a good feeling. And now I'll actually have more stuff to post again. ;)

No comments: