Friday, June 5, 2009

Gate Fold Graduation Card

In the stamp group I'm in, we make swap cards each month. We make 10 of the same cards and then when we have our stamp parties we swap cards. This way we take home 10 brand new cards! I love our swaps and ohh and ahhhh over every card I receive!
I had never made a Gate Fold card before (shocker I know!) but it was super simple with my Scor Pal. It already has the dots above the score lines to show you exactly where to score and fold it. So slick!
To give my card a little more dimension I used two different types of patterned paper and layered them on the front flaps. I inked around the edges of each piece with basic black, and then used some brads to highlight the fun circles, and add in a little red to an otherwise black and white card! I also tied a little ribbon on one of the blocks. This makes everything balanced and POP!
These cards went to my swap group and one extra went to my cute cousin Lauren on her graduation day! I can see myself making a lot more of these cards!



Supplies:
CS: Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White
DSP: DCWV
Ink: Basic Black
Stamp: Great Grad
Misc: grograin ribbon, white and black brads, Scor-Pal, circle punch

No comments: