Monday, June 22, 2009

Christmas in June?

It's not too early to be thinking about Christmas right?!

Every year I find myself panicking at the last minute to get my cards made and mailed. The former happens, but the latter...well by the time the cards are all done, its too late to get them mailed in time for Christmas. So, I just give up and say I'll save those cards for next year...but then I want NEW cards to send, LOL! I can never make it easy on myself can I?

Last week a friend of mine started talking about her Christmas cards and that she found the perfect Christmas stamp to design all of her cards. I thought, "Are you kidding me?!" but now I'm realizing how right she is to start planning now.
So last weekend I sat down with the idea in mind to whip up a few cards to save until December, and these are a few I came up with. I love them all! On this card I did a little "stitching"! I used the Flourishes Bazzil Basics template to do the swirls, and did some faux stitching around the edges of the card stock. Aren't these colors so fun!
Supplies:
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink
Decorative paper: My Minds Eye
Misc: Bazzil Basics stitching template, felt snowflakes, buttons, scallop border punch, brads, white gel pen, DMC floss, pink organdy ribbon
And how about these colors?! The paper really pulled this whole thing together! This was in the Christmas Slab from Die Cuts With a View. I love how these aren't really "traditional" Christmas colors, but they work!
Supplies:
Cardstock: Pixie Pink, Garden Green
Decorative Paper: DCWV
Ink: Pixie Pink
Stamp: All Holidays
Misc: Soft Subtles and Bold Brights brads, snowflakes, button, corner rounder, celery grograin, DMC floss
This card felt really busy during the creating process, but I was happy with the end result. My daughter loves it because it's so pink! This has tons of glitter and bling on it, perfect for Christmas right?! But totally different colors! I had some white thickers letters but I wanted them to be all glittery to match the paper. I added some liquid adhesive, dusted glitter over the tops of the letters, and voila instant glitter letters! Also, the bottom scallop done with the corner rounder is dotted with little pink gemstones to complete the "blinged-out" look! Too fun!

Supplies:

Cardstock: Stampin' Up!

Decorative Paper: DCWV

Misc: Thickers letters, rhinestones, gemstones, flowers, Dazzling Diamonds, corner rounder, pink organdy ribbon

Ok, well that's all for now, but there may be a few more soon! I'd love to get a huge start on my Christmas cards now! But for me, it'll be more birthday cards in the next week on my to do list!

No comments: