Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Bye-Bye Baja Breeze Part II

Last night you saw this card for Part I of Bye-Bye to Baja Breeze. Tonight, you'll see the second card with the same colors, but a totally different look!
I used the Clean and Simple sketch FTL 47 (fall to layout) for this card. Often I think I tend to create more clean and simple cards, so I love this blog and I'm excited to try more of their sketches!
Here is the sketch:


And here is my card:


This card will go to my wonderful and fabulous friend Steph for her birthday! Remember this matchbook holder from last month's card challenge I posted on May 5th? I did that same type of flower, but instead of cutting out perfect circles, I tore irregular paper circles for this flower and used a button instead of a brad. Also, the sentiment rectangle is distressed around the edges. The background is stamped with the stemmed flower from Eastern Blooms, and then a scallop border and scallop scissors finishes off the card. Really quick and simple!


Supplies:

Cardstock: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Pale Plum, Very Vanilla
Stamps: Eastern Blooms, Happy Everything
Ink: Baja Breeze, Pale Plum
Misc: buttons, linen thread, scallop border, scallop scissors

No comments: