Monday, June 22, 2009

Bye-Bye Baja Breeze Part I

Well, I've taken a break from scrapbooking to work on cards. I've been feeling like I've neglected that part of my paper crafting lately! I'm still hoping to acheive my 365 goal for scrapbooking, but any way I look at it, I've done a lot this year, and I'm 92 pages farther than I was last year! *wink* So with that in mind, you'll be seeing a few more cards on the blog-o for the next little while (hehe, like you have the last few days)!

I'm really going to miss the In Color Baja Breeze from Stampin' Up! It's become one of my "go to" colors, much like Certainly Celery has been for me in the past. So for the next few days I'll show you some cards with the fun Baja Breeze color while I lament its passing!

This card doesn't technically have any Baja cardstock or ink on it, but take a look at that button and the crochet flower! Those two flowers I crocheted with the tutorial on Nichole Heady's blog. I used a larger hook to get the larger flower (both using the single layer flower) and then layered them together with a pale plum button. I just love how these colors work together! Actually, I liked them so much, that tomorrow, you'll see a card with these very same colors, but a totally different look! How fun is that?!

Supplies:

Cardstock: Close to Cocoa, Pale Plum

Ink: Chocolate Chip

Stamp: Sassy Sayings II

Misc: DMC floss, buttons, hemp, scallop border, twill tape, antique brass brads

No comments: