Saturday, June 20, 2009

Father's Day and Graduation Projects

If you haven't had a chance to make a Father's Day card or project, hopefully these will be just the inspiration to get it done tonight!

Here's the sketch I put together:
(And yes these are the same colors from SCS, I just get so used to them, hehe!)


And here is my card:



Supplies:
CS: Basic Black, Whisper White, Real Red
Patterned Paper: Prints Pack II
Stamp: Totally Tool
Ink: Basic Black
Other: Real Red Grograin, stapler, brads, blender pens, watercolor pencils
Then I decided to work on some gift card holders. I don't know about you guys, but I'm always at a loss for what to get my parents or in-laws. Gift cards are the easiest answer for me, but I like to add a handmade touch to it as well. And, my family has come to expect handmade cards! So, here is a really quick and simple gift card holder template! (I made these with the Grad theme in mind because the Men's billfold gift card holder was for Dad's!) :)

They take just a few minutes to put together, and you really don’t need to embellish it too much because it’s so small. They work perfect not only for a graduation gift, but for birthdays and Christmas gift cards.
Here are the measurements I used, but you can create any size you need just by measuring what card you plan on putting into it.
Measurements for a regular sized gift card:

5 x 3 7/8
Score at 2 1/2

For my gift card holders I rounded the corners, and used a slot punch from Stampin’ Up to secure the gift card on the inside. You can also just stick the card in with some adhesive!



Supplies:

CS: Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White,
Patterned Paper: Prints Pack I
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink

Stamps: Great Grad

Misc: Soft Subtle and Rich Regals brads, Slot punch, Corner Rounder


Now this last one I love and am so excited to give it to my hubs...even if that means he actually gets golf tees that I raided from his golf bag! :P This is a Golf Tee Holder!

Measurements:
Cut your cardstock at 9 x 4 1/4 and score at 1/2", 1 1/4", 3 1/4", 6", 6 3/4"

Hopefully this will help! I made the letters really small though, but at least you can kind of get the general idea.



Fold on score marks going in the same direction with each fold. The tee holder will fold over on itself and glue together on that first 1/2 inch score. Punch holes for tees. If you want a band to secure it, take a one inch to half inch wide strip of card stock and adjust to fit then glue strip together. For the golf ball, I took a white piece of cardstock, hole punched it, and then layered it over a vanilla piece of cardstock. I cannot take credit at all for this idea, it was one of my many finds over the years! :) The original I found was by a SCS-er by the name of pearls&lace and you can see her template here.
On the little tee...it was really weird how I did it. I took the Round Tab punch from Stampin Up, cut out one tab, and then lined that cut out back in the punch to where it was a tee shape, and punched it. You can get two "tees" from this because then you will cut in the middle. Or if you are super talented you can free hand cut it! :D




No comments: