Sunday, May 3, 2009

82 Layouts YTD

For those that might not know, yesterday was National Scrapbooking Day! I went to a crop with my friend Steph (we missed you Mel!) at our local scrapbook store. We cropped from 5-11pm, had pizza there, and got quite a few pages done! It was a blast! I'm still realllly behind on my 365 goal, (oh like 50 pages haha) but goals are meant to make you work. I think its still an attainable goal, but not without more work on my part. That's the purpose of a goal right?!
Well, here is what I got done this weekend, but there is a page I'm not posting tonight as the rest of the pages that go with it aren't completed yet.

First, I have to gush a little bit about this first page. I'd had this idea in my head for awhile now. It didn't turn out exactly how I pictured or wanted it to, but close enough that I was happy with it. I wasn't able to fit the whole quote on there, but what I did worked. I tore the paper, peeled it back and then stitched with embroidery floss around the edges. I brushed the edges with a red ink pad. It looks a little gruesome, but Brady LOVED it! He freaked out when he saw it. He asked, "How did you know I would want a Scarred page for my scrapbook?!!" He also loved the little "stitches" I added inbetween the words.


And a little close up of the torn paper and the stitching.



While working on stuff for Brady this weekend I realized how hard it is to do stuff for boys! With Gwynie's pages I can just throw on some flowers, or cutesy gems and bling. Not so much with his! Often times when I do layouts that are the same for them I use "gender neutral" themes and supplies so I've never really encountered this problem before. So basically, I'm just prepping these next few layouts because they were just so plain in some places. I couldn't find that perfect pairing of elements, so I decided simpler was better in his case.

I did want to point out the journaling on this layout though. Right after Brady's first wrestling match I came home and wrote it down. I knew I'd want to remember those emotions and feelings for when I came back to scrapbook it. I think the picture of him standing by himself fit so perfect for how the journaling ends.

Journaling:

I can't tell you how nervous I was before Brady's little wrestling match. Sure, this is just for fun, its not for medals, or anything like that...but STILL! My stomach was in knots, and I kept taking big gulps from my water bottle to try and dislodge the sick lump that had settled in my throat. It would finally go down, down, down...to where it would sit in the pit of my stomach. With the butterflies, and the knots. Those butterflies would then send that lump back up in my throat to lodge there, once more, and I would have to repeat the process. I know Jake was just as nervous as I was. His hands were shaking as he helped Brady put on his wrestling shoes and run through drills.

I know, I know, we had nothing to worry about, no reason to feel this way. As Jake said, "Wow, now I know what my parents went through!" I guess I really can't even begin to describe the emotions that were coursing through me. It was never like that with T-Ball or Basketball, or when Gwynie had her dance recitals or soccer games. This my friends, is a whole new Monster. This feeling...it...it blew me away. Never before have I ran this crazy, crash-course of emotions. Never before have I felt the elation of a proud Momma in one instant, and then was on the verge of tears watching my "baby" get ready to take down his opponent. I'm still not quite sure I understand it all. I honestly can't put it into words.

I was so relieved when Jake's family showed up. His Dad, Mom, and older brother Dustin came to cheer Brady on. I love hearing the stories from when Jake and Dustin wrestled as kids. The stories would get even better as the boys got older. I've heard a few times before that people around Deb would say, "Don't watch the match, watch that Mom, now that's where the show is!" She would get worked up, screaming, yelling, cheering, and cussing the refs. I guess that's what I get to look forward to.

I think I finally have it figured out though...thanks to my wise husband. He just said, "Yes, it's a whole new Monster. It's different than T-ball because that was a team sport. This is Brady, all alone out there, standing up and proving himself."

And the other side of the layout. Very plain, but it works.

I don't have much to say about the rest of these though! They are more of Brady's sports pages that I'm trying to get done!

This layout is my least favorite because it just didn't feel right. Oh well, they can't all be perfect! I just had to get "Wrestling" paper though so this is some of the few papers I could find.

I'll have Jake add his thoughts on Brady wrestling on this layout. The title "Fly 45" would be his weight class if they still had official names for them.


Haha, on this one all I did was add the Thickers letters and photo corners. Nothing much again here.


Running Total: 72 pages
Completed this weekend: 10
YTD: 82 pages

No comments: