Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Swap Cards

I find that its hard for me to switch "hats" from scrapbooker to cardmaker. Funny how that is. I get in a mode and go with it. Here are some cards that I've done for my swap group that I'm finally sharing! (Thanks for the reminder Barb!)

Our swap cards for February were for Female Birthday, and to use SC 98 in our design. I knew of course that I just had to use the cow from the retired Birthday Banter set. I love the saying, "I know how much women your age enjoy a floral moo-moo!" and that is stamped on the inside, along with the "Happy Birthday" stamp.

Supplies:

CS: Regal Rose, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Whisper White, Cutie Pie DSP

Ink: Basic Black, watercolored with Regal Rose and So Saffron

Stamps: Birthday Banter

Misc: Celery grograin, flower punch, regal rose brad

Our swap theme for March was Kids Birthday. Waterfall cards are one of my personal favorites! I miss this stamp set too, for some reason I hadn't realized it was already retired! Glad I got it when I did! When the waterfall tab pulls out it has the saying with this set "Sending warm wishes on your bug day!" This sort of goes with the sketch we were challenged with, SC 80.

Supplies:

CS: Pink Passion, Pixie Pink, Lavendar Lace, So Saffron, Whisper White

Ink: Pink Passion, Pixie Pink, Lavendar Lace, So Saffron

Stamps: Bugs & Kisses

Misc: Scorer, white eyelet, lavendar brads, silver cord

(Previously uploaded to SCS)

Our swap cards for April were Sympathy cards. I did a really simple card, and I was blown away by the other girls' cards...they really put mine to shame! I love all my new cards! :) We were supposed to use SC71, which I totally didn't, but at least I did the tearing part!

Supplies:

CS: Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Whisper White, Mellow Moss

Ink: Pale Plum, So Saffron, Bordering Blue, Mellow Moss

Stamps: Springtime Stems, Warmest Regards

Misc: Silver coil embellishment

(Previously uploaded to SCS)


Now the next little thing all the girls in my swap group received with their order from my party. Just a small 3x3 thank you. I think those are so fun to make. It doesn't need a lot added because its already so cute and tiny!



Supplies:

CS: Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip

Ink: Baja Breeze, Always Artichoke

Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes, Cute & Curly

Misc: green buttons from misc pack, hemp twine, curly label punch



This last card I did tonight for fun, and to trade with a friend to add some to our stash. I loved the DSP from the SAB so I wanted to use those same colors in these springy, fun cards. I think this also fits in the CAS (clean and simple) category!



Supplies:

CS: Whisper White, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, DSP from SAB

Ink: Certainly Celery, Brocade Blue, and So Saffron for watercoloring

Stamps: Sentiment from All Holidays, Flower from Ever After

Misc: Celery grograin

No comments: