Sunday, March 22, 2009

Scrapbook Expo pages and a few more...

On Friday I went to the Scrapbook Expo with my friends Mel and Steph. We went around all of the booths in the morning and then finally sat down to crop. I only did 6 pages that day, but I guess that's what happens when you crop and chat with friends! :)


Journaling needs to be added, but it will be Gwynie adding that in! I always have her write her favorite/least favorite things at the end of the year. Also, I'll have Brady do that this year, too! I left a blank spot on the second page as well to do a brief recap of the year. These papers and the button things are from the American Crafts Teen line. The glitter letters are Thickers and I'm so glad I tried these out! I'm sure I'll be using them a lot more! They are already sticky on the back so are so quick to add. The star brads are from Stampin Up.





Another that will need journaling as well. The brads and sticker things were in our freebie kits from the expo for our Early Bird passes. I knew I wanted to use them with these pictures, so I went to the 3 Bugs booth and found the matching papers. On the first page, the top picture, I wanted to highlight Brady's facial expression while catching the ball. I had a chipboard piece that was patterned, but didn't match. I covered it with the coordination green from the papers. It worked perfect!

This is from a page kit I bought at the Scrappers Clearance booth for $1. It had so much in it! I made two of these, one for Gwynie and one for Brady (just different pics).



All the chipboard pieces and papers were from Scenic Route. I found the water drop metal pieces at Joann's for $1 for a pack of 16. All I can say about these two are that I'm glad they are finally done! I've been trying to figure out these pictures for ages, but I could never find the right "pool" or "water" type things to go with it. I found these at the expo and they were perfect. I also used a Page Maps sketch on this.













Same with these pictures, I'm glad they are finally done! I'm starting to get all the old pictures done (the water ones and these are from 04). Not much to say on these, I had a hard time figuring out what to journal, so I just put random pumpkin facts I found online. There are two each of these, one for each kid, so that brings me up to 12 completed this weekend.


Running Total: 44 pages
Completed this weekend: 12
YTD: 56 pages (ugh...I should be at 81 as of today)

The last few weekends I've either been really busy, out of town, or sick. Boo. That really put a cramp into my scrapbooking. Hopefully over the next few weekends I can catch up!

No comments: