Sunday, March 29, 2009

Easter Projects

Some Easter Projects!
First, is an Egg Box. I've had the template for this forever, but I never actually made one. See, that's why I need this challenge, too! :) I have a link on the sidebar for the templates to download so you can play along. I just put my colored cardstock in my printer and cut it out. Much easier than tracing onto colored cardstock and then cutting it out! On the template, the dotted lines are where you will need to score, and then fold together. You will need to cut around the egg, and down to the score line to make it fold together properly.



Supplies:
CS: Pink Pirouette, Barely Banana, Whisper White
Ink: Pink Pirouette, (for watercoloring on basket: Lavendar Lace, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, Pretty in Pink, Creamy Caremel)
Stamps: Bunny Hugs, small circle dot
Misc: Soft Subtle brads from SU, Pink and white grograin ribbon, easter grass



Next, is the Easter card. I have the hardest time making holiday cards for some reason. I imagined this card looking much better, especially the "easter grass", but I guess overall I like it. I cut the basket, tag and eggs on my Cricut, and then dry embossed the background and eggs with the Cuttlebug. Ok so the easter grass...I crimped it and then cut it in strips, but couldn't get it to stay right in the basket. So I tried fixing it, but...oh well. It does look better irl. ;)



Supplies:
CS: Whisper White, Barely Banana, Bashful Blue, Lavendar Lace, Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa
Ink: Pretty in Pink
Stamps: Tiny Talk (For You)
Misc: Cuttlebug, Cricut, Silver Cord, Crimper

Finally, is another that I've had the template for, but never the motivation to do. This is a cute Carrot Box! This would be perfect to fill with jelly beans for the kids at Easter! Same thing on this template, score on the dotted lines, and cut the rest out. For the carrot top, you have a couple different options. You can either tie ribbon in the holes, or add paper like I have here. The green strip is 2 7/8 x 1 1/2. Line up with the top and punch holes, then tie to the carrot. Cut in strips across the top and fan out. That's what I came up with, but you can top it off any way you like. You can leave the carrot plain, or stamp a fun background on it as well.





Supplies:
CS: Only Orange, Certainly Celery, Whisper White
Ink: Only Orange, Basic Black, Pretty in Pink (watercoloring on ears)
Stamps: Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Bunny Hugs
Misc: Scallop Punch, Circle Punch, Celery grograin, 1/16 hole punch

1 comment:

CreativeBusyHands-Scrapbook Freebies Search said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Template(s) post on May. 18, 2009. Thanks again.