Sunday, February 15, 2009

8 More Pages...I'm up to 40!

I spent the day today doing laundry and getting a few more pages done! Next weekend I'll need to work on cards for my swap group, but it's been fun to spend time working on pages. I'm still not quite where I should be for my 365 goal, but I know I'll make it! My friend and I are planning on doing the all day crop at the Scrapbook Expo next month, so that's where I'll make lots of progress. At least I hope so!

YTD: 32 pages
Completed this weekend: 8 pages (Sunday)
Total: 40 pages (As of today I should be at 46)



The first two pages are from Gwynie's school pictures from last year. Each year I have her write her favorite things that year, but I always wait until the end of the year. That way she's thinking about the whole year! Also, it's hilarious to look back on her handwriting and see how well she writes as compared to the previous year. These papers and the "Grade 3" stickers as well as the chipboard 3's are from a Scenic Route kit I got at the Expo in September. The olive green ribbon in the 2nd one looks really bright in this pic, but it's more of a muted color.




I finally put my Design Studio for the Cricut to good use today. My friend (and Stampin Up Demo) Sharon keeps telling me I need to use it more. I tell her I need lessons from her...I used my Opposites Attract cartridge and welded the letters together. I found this jumbo tag at my lss and it jumped out to be used like a Christmas tag. I used the Script embossing folder on the Cuttlebug for the mat of the photo.





This layout is for another challenge I took part in. Does it look familiar? Well it should! The last challenge I did I used the other pics from this set, and this same line of paper. I had done the page with the 2 pics as required by the challenge, but I had never had the inspiration to finish the set. Well, here were the challenge requirements:
1 chipboard element
2 different pieces patterned paper
3 different colors cardstock
4 photos
5 stamps
6 buttons
7 stitches (yes, you get to sew!)
8 staples
9 EYELETS (you may not substitute with brads)
10 inches ribbon or fiber


I was really daunted by the whole sewing bit honestly. Once I decided that my second piece of patterned paper was going to be that heart square, it just all fell into place that I would stitch on that. You had to have at least the required number of items, but you could certainly go over that limit...so I went over in the stitching area! Also, the stamp part was a little hard too, but I used that same stamp on the other layout and I wanted them to be similiar to each other. So, it had to be that stamp, but where? It ended up going on the chipboard G! :)

These pictures are from 2004! I had accidentally deleted them from my camera years ago, but a recent trip to my in-laws, and a long story later...I found these on their computer! I was so relieved since this was such a fun thing! In Kindergarten my daughter's school wasn't letting the kids wear costumes to school on Halloween. Instead they were doing Crazy Hair Day! I made these bees out of pipe cleaners and turned her hair into a beehive! I also tried my hand at some more stitching and I really like how it turned out. I think doing it on the above layout made it easier to incorporate and my mind was already working in that direction, lol. The ribbon at the bottom shifted, but I fixed it after this! :)
Another set of T-Ball pics. These were from Fall T-Ball when Jake coached Brady's team. Nothing special to say about these :( other than I really like them! I tried to keep the same feel as the other set of team pics, which I kind of just copied the layouts and placements of pictures and embellishments. Once I finally get around to the candid and other shots taken during his games I'll have the journaling in there.

No comments: