Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Friend to Friend

Last night I sat down to make a birthday card for my friend Mel and ended up with something totally different that I had intended. Don't you hate when your card runs away from you?! Every now and then I'm pleased with the result, and although I really like how this card turned out, it didn't seem to fit her. Know what I mean? You just can't envision yourself giving that card to the intended person. I stared at the card and realized it was a card in disguise...I really meant it for my other friend, I just didn't know it!!

Friday is the last day at work for my friend Steph. She is starting her own daycare, and I guess subconsciously I wanted something to give to her to congratulate her and wish her the best! Ok, well I knew I was going to make her a card, so it just ended up that hers got made first!



Supplies:

CS: Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla

DSP: Daisy Bucket "Buttercup"

Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes

Ink: More Mustard, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip

Other: Hemp, buttons, glue dots

This is more her color style I think as well! I used SC112 for the design. I love the colors in this, even if the blues don't seem to match in the photo, they do irl! :)


So this card was lots of fun to make! I've used this same layout on a couple other cards (can't beat a good thing right!!) but changed a few things up. Once I realized that I needed some hot pink for this card it just seemed to take shape. I loved all the little accents on this card.


Supplies:

CS: Pixie Pink, Black

DSP: Making Memories "Aqua PolkaDotScarf"

Stamps: So Many Scallops

Ink: Whisper White Craft

Other: Silver cord, glue dots, Prima flower, misc. buttons, Scallop punch, Rhinestone (center of brad), Flower brad, Hole punch, Corner Rounder (for scallop border)





And one more thing, I hadn't posted my little Halloween invite! It's a 3.5x3.5 postcard with all the info printed on the back. Something very simple that uses a similiar approach like the one in the mini catalog, but I liked how easy it was. I love this little set!


Supplies:
CS: Whisper White, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron
DSP: None
Stamps: Eat, Drink & Be Scary
Ink: Old Olive, Black
Other: Pumpkin grograin, Black grograin, George Cricut cartridge for star, stapler, Always Artichoke brad, Tag punches

No comments: