Monday, November 24, 2008

Christmas Cards!

Finally snuck some time in this weekend to work on Christmas cards! Not sure what I'll end up with as a final product, probably a few of each design...or not! I'll be visiting family this holiday weekend and I'm planning on doing some more cards with my Aunt, so who knows what I'll decide! These are all really simple layouts because, well, I need something quick if I mass produce! ;)


I loved this paper combined with this folder from the Cuttlebug Christmas set, the circles just seemed to go well together. After embossing with the Cuttlebug, I swiped the image and edges over the stamp pad to pick up the details.




Supplies:

CS: Real Red, Certainly Celery
DSP: Deja Views - Snowball
Stamps: None
Ink: Real Red
Other: Cuttlebug 'Christmas' folder, Silver brads, Real Red grograin











Again, love of the paper, but different elements. Really simple design, but it works!



Supplies:

CS: Bashful Blue
DSP: Deja Views - Snowball
Stamps: Cute & Curly
Ink: Real Red, Whisper White
Other: Real Red grograin, Felt Snowflakes, White Embossing powder, Silver brads, Curly Label Punch





Similiar to a card in last years Winter catalog with the folded paper on the side.



Supplies:

CS: Night of Navy
DSP: Karen Foster Designs - Winter Stripes
Stamps: Tiny Talk
Ink: Whisper White
Other: White Brads, Silver Brads, Silver Cord, Buttons, Felt Snowflake, White Embossing Powder










Very simple layout that I've used a thousand times now!



Supplies:

CS: Chocolate Chip, Real Red
DSP: American Crafts - Stocking
Stamps: Cute & Curly
Ink: Close to Cocoa
Other: Buttons, Curly Label Punch, Silver Cord, Real Red grograin, corner rounder (for scallop edge)

The first one I made with my curly label punch! I love how the words fit right in the center and the DSP and the lines play well with the candy cane idea.



Supplies:


CS: Real Red, Old Olive
DSP: Provocraft Slab
Stamps: Cute & Curly, Holiday Woodcuts, Sparkling Season
Ink: Real Red, Old Olive
Other: White brads, Real Red grograin, Curly Label punch





This card has received mixed reviews! My husband said it looks like a grandma card, a co-worker thought it was more baby than Christmas, and my friend said it was her favorite of the set! I guess that just goes to show that someone will always love something you make, even if you don't think it's that great!






Supplies:


CS: Very Vanilla, Pretty in Pink, Baja Breeze
DSP: My Minds Eye - Family Ties
Stamps: Flaky Friends
Ink: Baja Breeze, Close to Cocoa

Watercolors - Baja, Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana, Real Red, Apricot Appeal
Other: Buttons, Chocolate Chip grograin



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks mate... just dropped by. Will look for BIKE STN when we get to Seattle. Still in Buenos Airies.
xanax