Sunday, October 12, 2008

Birthday Cards...yes more!!

I love birthday cards, but sometimes I feel like I'm doing the same thing, (or that's all I ever make!) and using the same stamps, sentiments, etc. This weekend I made two cards that aren't the typical birthday one you'd receive!

First, is the card I made for my youngest sister's 21st Birthday! I wish I could be there!!! Hopefully her friends take lots of pictures so I can see the craziness!

I've seen a few of these cards in the Splitcoast galleries and just loved them, but never had a great reason to make it. Since it's her 21st I wanted to make this as a laugh and because...well I just wanted to make it dang it! Inside I'll put something about, "Don't get so drunk you end up in your bra and panties!" or something like that anyways.



This is all on the same card, front (bra) and back (panties). I'm not sure who "originally" came up with the idea, but I got the template from StampOwl's Blog. I didn't like my ribbon choice here because it was so thin and just keep moving all over. I adhered it with dots, but that wasn't a perfect choice. Oh well! I still like the look of it, and now I need to trim a few ribbon edges that I didn't notice before! ;)

Supplies:

CS: Blush Blossom

DSP: Rock Star - Stripe Foil Silver

Stamps: "Lips" $1 bin at Michael's

Ink: Black

Other: SU flower brad, gemstone in center of brad, ribbon, glue dots

My next birthday card is for my brother in-law. His birthday is Halloween so sometimes I'll make a Halloweeny card for him, but I wanted to use my newest stamp set Pocket Silhouettes. The color on this pic came out kind of funky. The center square is a brown plaid...not the burgundy it looks like in the pic. It doesn't say Happy Birthday anywhere on the card (except the inside) but I kind of like it that way. I always have the hardest time with male cards (and I hear that a lot from other crafty friends), so I was really happy with how this card turned out! I thought about mounting the small squares onto Rust, but I didn't want to put too much on it. I also did this card so it opens from the side instead of a top fold card. I think I'll make a couple more of these and leave it blank inside so I have a card to pull out for any occasion this fall!


Supplies:

CS: Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, Very Vanilla

DSP: DCWV Fall Stack

Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes

Ink: Close to Cocoa, Really Rust

Other: Ticket Corner Punch, Hemp, Buttons, 1 1/4" square punch, glue dots

*To Note:
I don't know if it's anything special, or if there was a better way, but here is how I attached the button on the main panel.

I wrapped the hemp around the back and with the two ends on the front of the card I crossed them once. Then I took the two ends and threaded them through the button. Tightened it a little and then tied it all together on the button. I put a glue dot behind the button just to secure it for mailing and so the weight of the button didn't droop the hemp.

1 comment:

Crafty Ladybug said...

I got first peek at this card. I absolutely love it. It even cuter in person! I love the "KMA" on the bum cheek.