Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sketch Challenges and Swap Cards!

This summer has just gone by so fast! I find I tend to do more scrapping and stamping during the winter since we aren't out that much like we are in the summer, so hopefully I'll post more here.

The stamp group I'm in is getting ready to start up again so I'm starting to get more stamping in which is good. I'm so excited for my newest stamp order and to play with the new colors. Our stamp group decided to do a card swap this year, too. I've done several others in old groups, but this is the first time for my new one. Our demo decided we should use sketch challenges from SCS to help the newbies out. So we have a theme each month along with a sketch she choose. She wanted to do fairly easy ones since only me and one other person have stamped before.

Alright, with all that said, here are the cards I've been working on! I don't know if I will use these, or try coming up with a few other ideas before I decide on my swap cards.

September
Theme: Halloween/Fall
SC29

After I secured the twill tape and tied the ends I pulled and frayed the very ends of the tape.

Supplies:

CS: Pumpkin Pie, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Vanilla

Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip

Stamps: Fall Whimsy

Other: Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pens, Twill Tape, Linen Thread, Hodgepodge Hardware Brass Brads, 1/16 inch hole punch, 1 1/4 circle punch


October
Theme: Male Birthday
SC60

This turned out really simple, but I think it works since its for a male birthday card. I guess you really can't see the 'Happy Birthday' but its along side of the cake. Too bad I didn't stamp it straight! :)

Supplies:

CS: Certainly Celery, Not Quite Navy, Bashful Blue, Whisper White

Ink: Certainly Celery, Not Quite Navy

Stamps: Birthday Whimsy

Other: Celery grograin, S clip, silver brads, 1/16 inch hole punch







November
Theme: Christmas
SC57

I've been wanting to try the Tag Punch Star on a card and finally tried it today. It was very simple and I love how it stands out on the card. This is one I still want to work on. I'm not entirely happy with this one. It doesn't quite match the sketch challenge, but close enough right?!

Supplies:

CS: Whisper White, Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, Vellum, Bashful Blue DSP

Ink: Night of Navy, Versamark

Stamps: Snowflakes, Peace from a Michaels set

Other: Rhinestone jewels, White embossing powder, Tag punches, heat gun, 2 way glue



The next cards are two that I had for more birthdays. I still have to make a card for my Mom (oops, I lost track of time!) and get them in the mail!

The first card is for a friend. I hope she has received it already so this isn't too big of a surprise before she sees it!

Supplies:

CS: Regal Rose, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Cutie Pie DSP

Ink: Certainly Celery, Brocade Blue, Regal Rose, So Saffron

Stamps: Eat Cake

Other: Celery Grograin, Mat Pack, Pewter Buckle from Hodgepodge Hardware, 1/16 hole punch, celery, saffron and rose brads, flowers on cake cut out from another sheet of the dsp




And my Dad's birthday card! I really messed up the horizon, but I was still happy with how it turned out. I was trying to depict my Dad and us kids!

Supplies:

CS: Whisper White, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip

Ink: Black, Watercoloring - creamy caramel, close to cocoa, summer sun, brocade blue, bashful blue, handsome hunter, old olive, so saffron, chocolate chip, apricot appeal, barely banana, regal rose, elegant eggplant, not quite navy

Stamps: Seaside Sketches

Other: Ribbon unknown, linen thread, crystal effects (on the water), watercoloring pens

No comments: