Monday, May 26, 2008

Swap Cards!

About a month ago two ladies I used to work with decided they wanted to swap cards. We had been in the same card swap group, but everyone had stopped coming with cards to trade. So, last month and this month we have been mailing 3 cards to each person. I posted one card that I sent them last month. You can see that card here. So now I have a bunch of cards to share-the other two from last month, and my three newest ones! It seems like I have only been crafting in spurts lately, but at least I get a chance to do a lot once I finally do!

First is a card some may recognize from the 2006-2007 SU catalog. I just changed the colors and a few other things. I don't make too many Sympathy cards, but I wanted something soft and not too complicated. This seemed to fit pretty well!
Supplies:
CS: Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Whisper White, Mellow Moss
Ink: Bordering Blue, Pale Plum, So Saffron, Mellow Moss
Stamps: Springtime Stems, Warmest Regards
Other: Silver Spiral Clips
Note: I don't know if you can see it in the picture, but on the sentiment I tore and curled the edge to match the other torn edges.

For the next card I wanted to use some of my free sets from SAB. I actually have a lot of sets I haven't used. Shhh...don't tell my husband! I have my favorites I go to every time so I made myself use a newer free set. I love 3x3 cards and thought the So Many Scallops set was awesome for little cards.


Supplies:

CS: So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Whisper White

Ink: So Saffron

Stamps: So Many Scallops

Other: Spots & Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Doodlecharms Cricut Cartridge (for the leaves), Button, Silver Cord, Corner Rounder, Scallop Punch





Now these next three are the ones I did last night and today. Ok so maybe I didn't get a lot of crafting done, but between cleaning, laundry, watching movies, and general loafing on a holiday, I was glad I got these done. Now just my lifetime struggle to get to the Post Office.

So this one I finally used another set that I have never used. FOR REALS! hehe! Another free SAB set that has sat lonely in my stamp cabinet! I wanted this set so much last year, but somehow never got around to using it. This card was cased from ltectler over at Split Coast. You can see her bee-utiful card here! I think I like her card better than mine lol!


Supplies:

CS: Pixie Pink, Pink Passion, Whisper White, Making Memories 'Maddi Narr Stripe' patterned paper

Ink: Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, Pixie Pink

Stamps: Very Punny

Other: Scallop Punch, Mat Pack, 1.5 in. circle (Cricut), Pink Ribbon







And another card that was inspired by a card I saw on Split Coast. You can see the original here. I know I could have cut out an ice cream cone on my Cricut with Doodlecharms, but this seemed more fun! I think I was looking for any excuse to use my Scallop Punch, as all 3 in this set (and 1 in the last) used it! This also fits into the Limited Supplies Challenge at Split Coast. NO STAMPING! I think inking the edges of the cone and the scoops would have given it more dimension, but I was sticking with the challenge of no stamping, and I thought even a little ink would have been cheating! I also used my corner rounder to make the scallops at the bottom to match the ice cream. There is a great tutorial at Split Coast with excellent pictures. It took a few trys when I very first did it, but now its really simple and is totally cute!



Supplies:

CS: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Regal Rose (cherry!), Berry Bliss DSP

Ink: None

Stamps: None

Other: Scallop Punch, Pink Grograin, Corner Rounder, Cone Base was cut out as a 2.5 rectangle with my Cricut and then cut down to a cone shape.

Note: I textured the cone with a scoring blade for the waffle look.




The last card I did used this great paper I found in a scrapbook store on Saturday. I saw it and instantly thought of my Scallop Punch. I think that's what partly started my craze with the punch! I incorporated it with an old Sketch Challenge at Split Coast and it seemed to just make itself. Don't you just love cards like that? And technically, it does count for NO STAMPING on the Limited Supplies Challenge, so I'll count it there, too!


Supplies:
CS: Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, More Mustard, 3 Bugs in a Rug 'Island Circles' patterned paper
Ink: None
Stamps: None
Other: Scallop Punch, 1 in. circle punch, buttons, hemp twine, dimensionals, brown ribbon
Note: I used the 1 in. circle punch to cut out the center of another flower and popped it up on dimensionals in the center of my larger scalloped flowers.
Whew! I don't know what took longer, making the cards or posting them all here! Somewhere inbetween posting we had dinner and I did more laundry lol! TFL!

No comments: