Thursday, May 8, 2008

Moving On

Ok so on with more of the stuff I have been doing but have been too busy to post about. My parents got us a camcorder for Christmas so I wanted to make some cute cases to send the DVD's back in. I have a Light Scribe burner so my husband puts pictures on, and labels the discs directly when he is copying them. It adds a great touch and is easier than trying to make labels or just have a plain disk that I would have to write on. Anyways, here are the DVD cases for Christmas and January-March. First is Christmas! (Which I made clear back in December!)


Cut base cardstock long ways at 5 1/8 (so you have a piece that is 11 x 5 1/8). Score this piece at 2.5 and again at 7.5


Take the left over strip and cut it down to 7 1/8, it is already the perfect height. Score on each end at 1 in. This is the inside piece that keeps the CD/DVD from sliding out. Glue to the inside pocket. The left over piece you can use to mat your main image (or not!).


Round the corners and use a circle punch to create a opening for the inside holder. Velcro can be used to keep it shut, or ribbon.



Inside you can see the Light Scribed DVD. This was totally inspired by a card I saw on Split Coast Stampers. You can see the original here.


Supplies: Certainly Celery, Whisper White, and Real Red cardstock, Warm Words stamp for sentiment, Real Red Grograin ribbon, snowflakes from Michaels stamp set, sparkles from Shapes and Shadows, and tree from Sparkling Season, Certainly Celery, Real Red and Basic Black Inks, (brown and yellow on tree done with marker and Huffed image after Celery was applied), Corner Rounder, Circle Punch, Velcro



And this is for January-March....brrr! I probably could have done more on it, but I was really pushing to get this mailed before Mother's Day! I do like the overall look though. For the center Snowflake I stamped in Versamark and embossed in white. I put the Snowflake brads in first and then attached my inside piece (see example above for visual!) so that the brads wouldn't scratch the DVD.
Supplies: Bashful Blue, Lavendar Lace and Whisper White Cardstock, Snowflakes stamp set, Bashful Blue and Lavendar Lace Ink, Versamark, White Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Snowflake Brads, Corner Rounder, Circle Punch
Gah! There are still a few other things I need to post, but I plan on getting it all up this weekend sometime. And hopefully some more crafting, too!

No comments: